7 Ways To Increase Your Summer Water Intake

Hydrate so you don't diedrate.

251

With the summer heat, one can get very dehydrated. However, if you are like me, plain water can get boring and bland. Luckily, I have found seven ways for you to spice up your H2O so you can stay healthy and hydrated all summer long.

1. Fruits and vegetables 

Fruits and vegetables are the best way to add flavor to your water. There are so many combinations that you will never get bored. Pick out your favorite fruits and pop them in your water bottle or a pitcher in your fridge, add water and you are all set. My favorite combo includes cucumber slices and 1/4 of a lemon.

2. Water additives 

Water additives are another great way to ass flavor to your water. They come in liquid or powder form and in a ton of flavors. Some are even packed with vitamins, caffeine, and natural energy boosters. So if you are a caffeine addict like me, you can get your fix while remaining hydrated.

3. Ice

If you are like me, room temperature water the absolute worst. Adding a lot of ice is a way I can enjoy water without any additives. If you use lots of crushed ice, it can enhance the experience and give you something to crunch on.

4. Lemonade

Lemonade is everyone's go-to summer drink and it's made with water. If you want to increase the amount of water present in the drink you can add two parts water and one part lemonade. This will dilute the flavoring; however, it still tastes great and gives you hydration.

5. Popsicles

Popsicles don't always have to be bought from the store; you can make them too. Making them with water is a great way to get in your daily H2O. Just simply put water in small cups or popsicle molds, add the stick, and freeze. If you are someone who loves to chew ice, adding water may be right up your alley. If you like a little more flavoring, you can always add fruit or add flavor additives to the water you plan on freezing. These will help you stay cool and hydrated.

6. Snowcones

If you don't have a scone maker, put some crushed ice in a bowl and add any amount of your favorite juice. It's a perfect summertime treat that can trick kids into staying hydrated.

7. Drinking games 

Drinking games don't always have to be used with alcohol. You and your friends can trade the alcohol for cups of water. You will be surprised how much water you can consume when you are having fun.