7 Ways You Can Stay Active During Quarantine

How to stay active while the gyms are closed!

20

Where I live, we are still in quarantine. Yes, we are opening back up, but places like gyms, public pools and trampoline parks have yet to open. Being in quarantine can get rid of your motivation to do anything. Your bed and couch are so close, and you can order food from your phone!

Don't let this stop you from being active though! There are plenty of things you can do from the comfort of your own home or neighborhood that you can do! If your gyms aren't open like mine, here are seven ways you can still stay active.

1. Go for a walk

This is one of the more simple things you can do to stay active. Whether you find a trail to walk on or you just walk around your neighborhood, it's a great way to keep your body going.

2. Swim in your own pool

If you're lucky enough to have your own pool, you can DEFINITELY take advantage of it to stay active. Personally, I've been doing laps and using water weights in my pool. You could also do some water aerobics! It exercises your arms, legs, and core. It's also very relaxing!

3. Do yoga

If you have a yoga mat, or even if you don't, this is a great way to not only relax your mind but destress and stretch out your body. This is especially good to do if you have been stressing out a lot or have any tension in your body.

4. Chloe Ting Workout Program

Chloe Ting Workout Program is available for anyone to take advantage of on YouTube. It's a fourteen day workout that is known for being tough but works super well for your body. A lot of my friends did this challenge and it showed amazing results. It works out your abs, legs, arms, and chest. The best part about this is that no extra equipment is needed...you just need you!

5. Climb your stairs

Climbing up and down your stairs is a great way to work out your legs at home. You could even jump up your stairs, as long as it's safe!

6. Ride your bike

If you have a bike, you can ride it around your neighborhood or ride it on a nearby trail! Not only does it exercise your legs but it's fun too!

7. Play games on the Wii

Although this is playing a video game, I can assure you that playing the Wii is a great workout. Playing games like Just Dance, Wii Fit or just plain Wii Sports are great ways to move your body around and exercise. Going all out in Just Dance and trying to win is the best way to work up a sweat