7 Ways to Make Friends in College

7 Ways to Make Friends in College

7 ways to get yourself out there and make friends this school year

13
7 Ways to Make Friends in College
Kemba Webson

There are so many things to do when you get to college and pretty much all of those things are so much more fun when you have a few friends to do them with. In order to make those friends you need to get out there and do some things to make friends. Here are just a few things that you can do to make friends in college.

1. Join clubs

When you join different clubs, you’ll be with people that already have similar interests to you. What better way to start a friendship.

2. Go to events

Colleges are always hosting events (where you can get lots of free stuff) to try to get students out of their rooms. Get out there and go to these events, there will be plenty of other students there and you never know just who you are going to meet.

3. Say hello to people

Be friendly. When you come off as friendly, people will want to be your friend. They will naturally gravitate towards you. Also you might just make someone’s day. Remember, you never know what someone else might be going through on any given day.

4. Join a sports team

Whether you are joining a varsity team, club team, or doing an intramural sport, you are going to be with people that already have a common interest and just want to have some fun while doing it. You will end up spending enough time with them that they might become some of your closest friends while you’re in college.

5. Talk to people in your Orientation group

As a freshman, or even a transfer student, you have to go through orientation. Talk to the people that you are spending your days with, get to know them, there might just be a budding friendship there.

6. Go out

If you don’t like going out to parties then obviously you shouldn’t force yourself, or let anyone else force you into going out; but I do think that it is something that everyone should try to do at least once. If you try it you might make one or two new friends and find that it is something that you rather enjoy. Maybe you try it and realize that you really don’t like it. At least you tried something new!

7. Just be yourself!

The best way to make friends in college is to just be you! I know that that sounds really cheesy, but it is so true. Just being yourself will have all sorts of wonderful people gravitating you way.