We've all been there, and usually it happens at the worst possible time. So, next time it happens to you remember these tips:

1. Get Your Blood Pumping

Go for a walk. Go for a run. Do some jumping jacks. Just do anything to get your blood flowing.

2. Change Your Environment.

Just pick up your stuff and try writing somewhere else. A change of scenery can help clear your mind. Go outside, get some fresh air, it might help.

3. Take a Break

Don't procrastinate... that's not what I'm saying. Just take a break, get some food, hang out with your friends for a little bit, just take your mind of the writing for a minute and come back to it with fresh eyes.

4. Listen to Music

Not Top 40 or Country music, but listen to some classical music or some jazz, or even lookup movie scores (My go-to is The Dark Knight or any Hans Zimmer really).

5. Brainstorm Your Ideas

Don't just write them down, but organize them. Use bullet points. Make it so that when you go back and look at it, you understand what you were writing.

brainstorm gif

6. Reduce Distractions

Turn off your TV. Turn off your phone (or put it on silent). Just eliminate any possible distractions that you might face while you are trying to write.

7. Just Write

The best way to overcome writer's block is to just write. Write anything. Write everything. Just write something. It will help you organize your thoughts and hopefully cure you fro your block.