7 Tips For Guys On Asking A Girl To Formal (Or Even Just On A Date)

4162

Fellas, it's that time of year where the weather is heating up, and everyone seems to be in a much better mood. We are transitioning from wanting to stay inside alone from the cold and watch Netflix, to busting out our frat jerseys and socializing. Spring break is halfway over and that means Formal is coming shortly after. So I feel obliged to help out all my fellow brothers when it comes to the delicate topic of: Women.

Now, I don't claim to be Will Smith (Hitch reference) when it comes to the opposite sex, but I'd say my advice is better than the average guy's. Enough of the small talk, lets get to it.

1. "Scared Money Don't Win."-- Take that quote and put it in your back pocket for life. Guys, whether it's Rihanna or some girl you've had your eye on in class, you need to take a shot and introduce yourself. Nothing fun or exciting happens in your comfort zone, so just man up and say "Hey". Trust me, it's not that hard.

2. "Put Down The Cell Phone."-- You probably think you're a such a boss, always sliding into a girls DM's or texts at 1:15 a.m., but...you're not. You're actually just really scared of rejection, and taking the easiest way out. I promise a girl will respect you much more and you'll have a much better chance if you just go up and start a real "face to face" conversation.

3. Be Yourself, Be Honest.-- Seems simple right? Well, not really. A lot of guys try to tailor themselves to fit the image they think that girl "wants". This is probably the worst thing you could do. Starting things off with a lie can only lead to inevitable disaster. Just be you, be honest, and you'll be surprised at how far that can take you. She will probably be in awe of meeting an honest guy. I hear it's rare?

4. Ask "AHEAD" of Time.-- Don't wait until a day before. Don't even wait until a week before. Give your date time to find a dress, to clear her weekend, and to give her time to look forward to the fun you're going to have. It shows that you want to snatch her up before any other guys beat you to it. Waiting too long shows that you're scrambling to take anybody, and it shows a lack of respect and effort. Be polite, andask early.

5. Focus on One.-- Very important tip right here, guys. If you have your eye on that one girl who you're still nervous about asking, that's great. Don't have 3 other back-up plans in your pocket. That's disrespectful to that first choice, and you're just killing your own self-esteem by assuming you need back-up plans.

6."A good outfit can turn a 6 into an 8."-- That's right, it can. So guys, ditch the Hawaiian button ups and beer-stained Sperry's and instead take some pride in how you look. Your sense of style says a lot about how you take care of yourself, and it also can help make a great impression. So try for a little less frat star and go for a little more GQ, (at least around the lady you're interested in). Trust me, it will help.

7. "Confidence is Key."-- This is probably the most important tip of all. A high level of confidence can take you just about anywhere. Dress confidently, walk confidently, and talk confidently, then watch everything change. The only thing that can hold you back from asking out that 10 is your own perception of yourself. Nobody is "out of anyone's league", all that is, is a mindset that lacks confidence. In the words of Hitch, "Any guy can sweep any woman off of her feet...He just needs the right broom".