7 Times Lisa Rinna Perfectly Describes Christmas With Your Family

We've all been there and we all know how it goes.

44
YouTube

It has come to that time of year when you gather around the dinner table with all of your long lost relatives to discuss your relationship status, GPA, and goals in life. You don’t have a choice, you have to go visit your family, you have to (pretend to) listen to them, and you have to fake laugh at your annoying relative who thinks they’re funny. Some people prepare themselves all year for these grueling couple of days; and for those of you that don’t, I would like to introduce to you my friends, Barefoot Wine, Yuengling, and Fireball. Luckily, we have Lisa Rinna of "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills"who can perfectly explain (in 7 memes) how we all feel when it comes to visiting with long distance relatives for a couple of days.

1. Anytime you hang out with your family….ever. When they want to go hunting. When they want to go Christmas shopping at an Antique Store. When they choose to play a board game that no one knows the rules to. When they expect you to help cook/clean/set the table (really anything physical).

2. When you get accused of being an alcoholic. Or being a bad student. Or having no goals in life. Or driving all potential marriage partners away. Or not knowing how to spend your money. Or gaining weight. Or being an embarrassment to the family.

3.)When your family wants to do anything besides shopping. Why cook Christmas dinner? Or watch family home videos? Or decorate the Christmas tree? Or look at baby pictures? Or bake cookies? Or play card games? Shopping sounds better, unless it’s taking a nap. Taking a nap definitely trumps shopping.

4. When all the older people get drunk at dinner off one and a half glasses of wine and start dancing and singing. When you try and have a normal conversation with them, but they don’t really respond they just keep dancing and singing, which makes no sense. Or better yet, they try to have you join them in their one-man-musical. Just let them be…

5. When THAT ONE family member finally arrives and you have to pretend to be so excited to finally see them after a whole year of not talking or seeing each other. And they bring you used gifts that you really have no use for or even want, but you fake being thankful and happy to receive the gift. Also, the same family member that tells you it’s okay to be single because they still are...

6. When you’re eating Christmas dinner and that one family member brings up how happy they are that Donald Trump won and how he is going to “Make America Great Again”. Although most of your family voted for Hilary Clinton and hates Donald Trump. Here we go…

7. When you family asks about how you are doing with an emphasis on your weight. “Hi honey, you look beautiful and…healthy.” You also skip most of the dinner portion of Christmas dinner and go right for the dessert. #NoShame