7 Little Forms Of Self-Care You Can Do On The Daily

Everyone has bad days, let's make them a little better!

219
personal photo
Sarah Clinton

The truth is everyone has at least one bad day in their lives. Even though some don't want to admit it, there are small things that everyone can do to make their bad days a little bit brighter.

1. Write encouraging notes/quotes in your planner.

I found that writing small notes of encouragement above random days in my planner makes me smile when I'm stressing in lecture.

2. Find a great new song to listen to.

For me, perusing Spotify for a random playlist, whether it be a throwback song that I forgot about or a brand new song by an artist that I never listened to can brighten my day.

3. Clearing your desk and starting fresh.

Small things like organizing and clearing my desk make me feel a lot better. I clean off the trash and random papers that don't need my attention at that very moment and I'm ready to restart. Even putting my tabs into OneTab, an add on for most computers that files your open tabs, and focusing on one class at a time is relaxing.

4. Lighting a new candle/putting a new scent in your diffuser.

A new scent can actually change the mood that you are in. I just changed the wax in my warmer and I already feel more open to what is next to come.

5. Make your bed.

If it isn't a habit of yours already, just make your bed. It is much more refreshing to come back to your room to a nice bed rather than just wanting to jump in and forget all your responsibilities.

6. Call your mom, grandma, or grandpa.

Just hearing my mom's voice makes me feel a lot better. Even if it is "time consuming", I promise you will feel so much better!

7. Clean out your phone.

Delete old pictures, apps, social media, and contacts that you don't need or want anymore. By doing so, it will open up more space on your phone and open more head space.

No matter how bad your day is, just know that it will get better!