7 Things To Do In New Orleans Besides Bourbon Street

Their is so much more to the Big Easy than one street

657
BuildDirect

New Orleans, the Big Easy, is a city full of lots of great food and many beautiful sights. Except when most people that go and visit NOLA, they talk about one thing: Bourbon Street. Yes, Bourbon Street does have nice features, but there is so much more to the Big Easy than just one street. Here are some more things to do in New Orleans that is not Bourbon Street.

1. Get beignets at Parrot Pete's

Yes, Cafe Du Monde is more famous for its beignets than Parrot Pete's, but Cafe Du Monde, is usually very crowded and more expensive than Parrot Pete's. As a more college student, I am always willing to pay for the cheaper option. The beignets at Parrot Pete's are also fantastic, so it all balances out.

2. Eat chicken at Cane's

Cane's chicken is actually the best. From their homemade lemonade, their thin French fries, to their amazing sauce (the sauce is perfection), Cane's is a must-do. Cane's is a chicken chain that is not available in many places outside of Louisana. The locals say that Cane's restaurants are just not the same as the ones in Louisana. So next time you find yourself in the Big Easy, go have some chicken at Cane's and be sure to order extra sauce!

3. Go visit the Mississippi River Bank

There is a beautiful park in New Orleans, right outside of the French Quarter, and at this park, you can stand right next to the Mississippi River Bank. It's beautiful and in the park, you can walk along the river bank and it is a beautiful place to watch a sunset.

4. Walk around and see the sights of the French Quarter

Walking around the French Quarter was one of my favorite parts of visiting NOLA. The French Quarter is full of life and culture. The French Quarter is full of beautiful shops and even more beautiful architecture. This part of NOLA is also home to lots of great places to eat at! It's also nice to walk around this area and see local artists painting. Most of the time they are painting beautiful pictures of the city. The French Quarter is definitely a must on your "To Do" list!

5. The WWII Museum

The WWII Museum is very famous and perfect for the history buff (or even if you're not a history buff) in you. The Museum even has an awesome gift shop that sells clothing inspired from the WWII Era and they are beautiful! Be sure to check this place out for yourself.

6. Audubon Aquarium of the Americas

Another great tourist hot spot is the aquarium. The Aquarium is rated as one of the best in America and in the world. The aquarium is also a great place to take kids. Vistors can get up close and personal with fish, sea horses, sharks and more!

7. Eat at local restaurants

One of the great things about the Big Easy is that there are so many restaurants to eat at! Food is a huge aspect of the culture of New Orleans. Try eating at a different place every time you go out to eat! It's so nice because you will never get tired of eating at the same place too much because there are so many options!