7 Things I Didn't Do This Summer

7 Things I Didn't Do This Summer

Whether it was intentional or not, there were a lot of things I just didn't do this summer.

34
7 Things I Didn't Do This Summer

Summer is a time for fun, relaxation, and working your butt off to make money. That being said, there are always a lot of things I want to do during the summer, some of them achievable, some basically impossible. So instead of listing all of the things I did accomplish this summer, here are some of the things I just didn't quite get to this summer.

1. Catch up on my shows.

I always get really far behind during the school year, so I usually catch up during the summer. Whoops! Maybe during the weekends I can play some catch-up.

2. Watch Netflix.

I really wanted to continue and start some new shows and re-watch some movies, but besides all of the stuff I watched with my parents, my list of things to watch on Netflix is even longer now than it was in April...

3. Read a bunch of books.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F08%2F22%2F636074337753274653-565097283_200_s.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=410&h=7470713126d4273c0bd184517b57e26a0e8768c5ccdd762faa106bcfb48c8dc1&size=980x&c=1213559172 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F08%252F22%252F636074337753274653-565097283_200_s.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D410%26h%3D7470713126d4273c0bd184517b57e26a0e8768c5ccdd762faa106bcfb48c8dc1%26size%3D980x%26c%3D1213559172%22%7D" expand=1]

I used to be a reading whiz during the summer, getting through series after series after series. But after reading book after book during the school year, I feel a bit burned out and (sadly) tend to shy away from books. Hopefully, I can finish the book I'm currently in the middle of before I move back to Loyola!

4. Catch 'em all.

Sadly, I still haven't caught all of the Pokemon since Pokemon Go was released in early July. But hey, Ash hasn't caught 'em all either, so there's hope for me yet.

5. Finish my American Flag blanket.

I started weaving squares for a cool American flag blanket and I'm still working on the blue squares... Maybe I'll finish it before I leave for Study Abroad.

6. Go to the beach.

See, now this is something I'm OK that I didn't do. I'm not much of a swimmer and the possibility of a sunburn is too much for me to risk, especially with my Irish heritage dictating my skin tone.

7. Pack for school.

Wait, maybe this is something I should actually finish this summer... Yikes!