Let's just get one thing straight: dogs rock. In my opinion, everyone should have a dog, and there is a dog out there for everyone. I, myself, do not have a dog, but I for sure am a "dog person". I freak out when I see dogs, I will cry when I see them, and whenever I am at someone's house and they have a dog, I don't pay any attention to what is going on around me. I will sit on the floor for hours and pet the dog. If you are anything like me, you may be able to relate to some of these:
1. Seeing a dog on the street and getting more excited than a little kid on Christmas:
If you are anything like I am, you become a complete embarrassment to be around in public when you see a dog. You make sure to turn to every single on of your friends and ask them if they see the dog and if they want to pet it and you start smiling so big it feels like your face is going to split in half.
2. You don't really cry when people in movies die, but when a dog dies it's game over:
Okay, it is sad when people in movies die. When your favorite character comes to an end, it feels like your heart has been ripped out. But when a dog dies, oh man... It feels like your heart has been ripped out, then stomped on a million times. It's different, that's a fact.
3. You will go to pet stores for fun:
Over the summer, my friends and I used to go to PetSmart for fun. We would literally just go to play with the kittens and the puppies. Whenever we had free time with nothing to do, we would go to Selmer's or any of the local pet stores just to sit around for hours petting the tiniest little pugs and huskies until the store closed (and yes, that has happened).
4. When a dog begs for food, of course you will slip them a little piece (no matter how many times your friend tells you not to):
I mean, they sit at your feet, waiting patiently, giving you that famous "puppy dog eyes" look. How could you say no to that?!
5. When you are at a party and there is a dog there, you pretty much just follow it from room to room:
Yeah, parties are fun and all, but dogs are better. If there is a dog at a party, nothing else matters. Nothing will pull me away from that dog. Ever.
6. When your friend has a dog, you will go over to their house and just sit there playing with their dogs:
When you are just hanging out, watching TV at your friend's house, why not sit on the floor and cuddle with their dog? You could stay there for hours and just sit on that floor doing nothing. As long as there is a dog there, you're good.
7. When your friends ask you to dog-sit their pets while they are gone, you have no problem with doing so. It is honestly a privilege:
They don't even have to pay you. Going over and playing with a dog is a reward enough in itself. It is everything you could ever ask for and more.