7 Struggles Of A College Shopping Addict

Most college girls will relate.

21

We all know that being in college is tough for anyone. You are always tired, you have a crazy amount of work and you have no money. How can it possibly get worse? Try being obsessed with shopping. These are the struggles of a college shopping addict.

1. Stopping Yourself From Shopping Online When You’re Doing Your Research Paper

OK, let’s just face it. It is impossible to spend hours doing boring research without taking a shopping break. You know you have to write that 10-page ethics paper, but maybe you want to take a peek and see the new spring trends. Two hours into your paper and all you have is a blank word document and 12 items in your shopping cart. Trust me, I get it. The struggle is real.

2. Deciding

Between Going To Your Night Class Or Going To The Mall When There’s A Sale You Can’t Miss

Night classes are already the worst. All your friends are out at dinner and you’re listening to a three-hour lecture. To make it even worse, your favorite store is having flash sale. What do you do? Email your teacher and say you’re sick and show up to your next class in a new pair of shoes! That’s actually really bad advice...

3. Trying To

Remember Your Math Class When You’re Planning Out Your Discounts

If the assorted crop tops in the 50 percent-off bin were originally $20 and you have a $25 off $100 coupon, how many crop tops can you buy to prep your summer wardrobe? Forget about those word problems about the trains that leave from different stations, this is what we should have been learning! We all have those moments when we get so caught up in the sale that our mind goes blank and we completely forget how to do basic math. My solution is to buy all the crop tops.

4. Finding An

Excuse To Buy A Nice Dress But All You Do Is Go To Class

We all know what it’s like to fall in love with a dress and have nowhere to wear it. It’s too formal to wear to class and homecoming was last month! What do you do? From one shopping addict to another, if it’s on sale, then buy it! You never know what event will pop up. If it’s a good price, then you might as well.

5. Buying

Anything To Get That Free Shipping

Free shipping is way too good to pass up. I really only needed a new eyebrow pencil, but if I have to spend another $60 to get free shipping, I could always use a new highlight and contour palette...and a new flat iron…and I should probably just leave the Ulta website. I know the logic doesn’t add up. Why spend $60 dollars to get free shipping when shipping is $10? A true shopping addict would just tell you not to question it and check out her newly defined cheekbones.

6. Choosing Between The Seven For $27 At Victoria’s Secret Or Food For The Day

I don’t care if you have 100 pairs of underwear, you can never turn down the seven for $27 sale at Victoria’s Secret. There should probably be a law about it. The only problem is, $27 can go a long way for a college student, especially when it comes to food. Food vs. undies? I say the undies have it. You can always beg your roommate for one of her Easy Macs and save Chipotle

Mexican Grill for next week.

7. Never Having Enough Storage Space To Keep All Your New Purchases

By far the biggest struggle for the college shopping addict is that after we do all our shopping, we have no where to keep all of our great purchases. I mean, your lofted bed can really only have so many storage drawers. My recommendation would be to do a clean out once a semester and take the clothes you don’t wear to a consignment shop. Now you have done a good deed and you have more room to buy more stuff! It’s a win-win.

From Your Site Articles