7 Restaurants in Denton You Should Try

7 Restaurants in Denton You Should Try

Bon Appétit!

60
7 Restaurants in Denton You Should Try
The Overlook

Denton may be a small town but it has a plethora of good places to go eat. Everybody has to eat so you might as well get the best that you can right? Today I want to share some of these great restaurants that I love going to whenever I need to satisfy my hunger.

LSA

Where it's located:113 WEST HICKORY, DENTON, TX 76201

Why you should go: LSA is a celebration of good burgers and good music. They have some of the best burgers I've ever eaten that weren't made at home and their garlic parmesan fries are amazing. They do have non burger choices on the menu but to be honest I've never tried them before because I enjoy their burgers so much. LSA also plays classic rock tunes by classic artists with accompanying music videos while you eat. You can't go wrong at LSA and it's one of my favorite places to go out with friends or family.

Mr. Chopsticks

Where it's located: 1633 Scripture, Denton, TX 76205

Why you should go: The wide variety of the menu. They have one of the largest menus for a restaurant I've been too and there's no shortage of options. They have a dish for just about anyone, including sushi lovers. The food was a bit salty even for Chinese food so that is something to keep in mind, however I still think Mr. Chopsticks is worth a taste.

Oriental Express

Where It's located: 1000 Avenue C, Denton, Texas 76201

Why you should go: More bang for your buck. There's nothing real fancy about Oriental Express, it's a Chinese fast food place, but you get your moneys worth of food. It's fast, close to campus, and even has a drive through for when you're on the go. The menu is small but everything I've had has been very satisfying. For a fast food restaurant, it's one of my favorites.

Old West Cafe

Where it's located: 1020 Dallas Dr. Denton, TX 76205

Why you should go: Delicious pancakes. Move over IHOP cause Old West is the sheriff of this town. They really do have great pancakes and they're filling as well. They're large and in charge and the perfect way to start your day. If pancakes aren't your thing (though why wouldn't they be) they have irresistible omelettes, biscuits and gravy and almost any combination of breakfast food you can think of. They also have a lunch menu but I haven't had a chance to sample it yet. This definitely my go to breakfast locale in Denton.

Crooked Crust

Where it's located: 101 Avenue A Denton, TX 76201

Why you should go: Really really good pizza. As you may have gathered from the name of the restaurant, crooked crust is a pizza joint and their pizza is divine. What I really like about Crooked Crust is you can buy only a few slices of pizza rather than a whole one if you want. It's really nice if you're with a group that doesn't like the same type of pizza as you. You can get what you want and they can get what they desire and you don't have to worry about keeping leftovers with you. Bonus points: it's right next to campus.

Eskimo Hut

Where it's located: 717 Sunset St, Denton, TX 76201

Why you should go: Adult slushies! Apologies to anyone under 21 but unfortunately you can't go to this place. Eskimo Hut offers a few other things like beer or e-cigs but the main draw for me is the daiquiris and margaritas on the go. Just make sure you wait until you get home to enjoy your delicious beverage.

Tortilleria La Sabrocita

Where it's located: 201 Dallas Dr, Denton, TX 76205

Why you should go: Best. Tacos. Ever. I'm not kidding here, these are some of the best tacos I've ever eaten. They have other great dishes such as burritos and enchiladas as well and they're all amazing. The portions are also great for the price you pay and it's one of the best Tex-Mex places you can eat at. I highly recommend it for any true lover of Taco Tuesday.

This is just but a handful of the mouthwatering restaurants Denton has to offer. I could be here all day talking about even more great places to grab a bite but I'll save some of those for another day. In the meantime this should be a good start to whet your appetite. Give one of these places a try next time you're in the mood for some good food. I promise you won't be disappointed.