15 Local Coral Springs Restaurants To Support

15 Local Coral Springs Restaurants To Support While You’re Home From College

With Coral Springs offering so many big chain options, its easy to forget the local chains and mom and pop joints that are worth checking out while you're home.

58152

I love coming home from school for many reasons, one of them being home-cooked meals. However, there is a handful of places that are only in C. Springs that I have to have while I am home. I could go pro in ordering takeout, and this list is curated in my semi-professional opinion. In no particular order, here are 15 of my favorite spots in Coral Springs, FL:

1. Chopsticks

10339 Royal Palm Blvd. Coral Springs, FL 33065

Someone asked me what my "must-have" restaurant meal is when I come home from school. With zero hesitation, I replied "Chopsticks." This is a small sushi restaurant that makes some of the best sushi I've ever had, but for a relatively cheaper price compared to most sushi places. Their all you can eat lunch special for $13 a person can't be beat and I go there so often, they know me by my order on the phone. I cannot recommend this place enough, and try the Yummy roll!!

2. Bagels and a Whole Lot More

10281 West Sample Road Coral Springs, Florida 33065

I have to say, in my humble opinion as a self-proclaimed breakfast connoisseur, Bagels and a Whole Lot More has the best breakfast in Coral Springs. This place is the closest you can get to a Jewish-style New York-inspired deli in the area. With the best bagels in town, killer platters, great lunch, and an overall amazing atmosphere and customer service, I have absolutely no problem spending lots and lots of money here every time I come home from school.

3. Sicilian Oven

10140 West Sample Road Coral Springs, FL 33065

I have two words for you: Sicilian Salad. This place is pretty authentic Italian food and is very famous for their pizza and their salad. I am not a salad eater at all, but you know I have a Sicilian salad in my fridge as we speak. Everything on their menu is super good, I recommend the penne al a vodka in addition to the pizzas and salad mentioned above. Great service, great food.

4. Tijuana Taxi Co. 

901 N. University Dr. Coral Springs, FL 33071

I had to add this to the list in honor of my Dad, as this was his favorite happy hour spot. Tijuana Taxi is a Mexican restaurant with Tex-Mex options and is notorious for their annual St Patrick's Day & Cinco de Mayo parties. The best (and Jason Stein's favorite) part though: Dollar tacos, dollar beers, great atmosphere. Enough said.

5. Laspadas Original Hoagies

10178 W Sample Rd. Coral Springs, FL 33065

With a slogan like "best damn hoagies in town," Laspadas does have big shoes to fill. I can say firsthand, boy do they deliver. The place definitely gained its fame from its monster sandwich, which includes three layers of meat on the top and bottom of the sandwich, with the fixins in the middle. I live sandwiches, a lot, and I have to say there's nothing like a Laspadas Hoagie.

6. Tavolino Della Notte 

10181 West Sample Road Coral Springs, FL 33065

This is a more expensive local spot, but amazing nonetheless. With a swanky, upscale bar atmosphere in conjunction with amazing, high-quality Italian food, there's nothing better. The restaurant owners even created a room that is modeled to look identical to their Nona's kitchen and is a popular spot to dine in their restaurant. If you order, you have to get the pear pasta appetizer... trust me. You can also rent out this restaurant space for parties and events.

7. Lefty's Tavern and Grille 

5771 Coral Ridge Dr. Coral Springs, FL 33076

Lefty's Tavern and Grille is a hidden gem on the border of Coral Springs and Parkland that cooks up delicious sandwiches, my favorite 1 lb. soft pretzel, and the best wings in town... change my mind. I like this place so much that in high school I did my first 30-page DECA paper entry for state and national competition on the sports bar. Definitely worth checking out while you're home.

8. Big Bear Brewing Co. 

1800 N. University Dr. Coral Springs, FL 33071

This is another pricer establishment, but when they function as a brewery and a restaurant all in one, you see why. With many in-house brewed beer options, delicious American-style food, and large portions, this is the perfect place to celebrate a special occasion or someone's good news while you're home in Springs.

9. Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza

9521 Westview Dr. Coral Springs, FL 33076

Anthony's Coal Fire Pizza is a local chain, and the Coral Springs location is located right next to the major movie theater in town. This spot, with its amazing thin crust, coal fire pizza, in addition to their amazing wine selections is a perfect place to dine with your family or stop in for a date night dinner before your movie.

10. Crave Poke

5816 Wiles Rd. Coral Springs, FL 33067

This is a new find that I discovered myself while I was home for break. This Hawaiian inspired restaurant serves poke, sushi burritos, boba tea, and even dole whips. Most options here are build-your-own so you can add whatever you like to eat and leave off whatever you don't. There's only one Crave Poke, so while you're in town head over and fall in love with their food.

11. El Cubano Sandwich Shop 

3439 NW 99th Way Coral Springs, FL 33065

This is a newer establishment with a menu chalked full of sandwiches, Cuban-inspired breakfast dishes, and Cuban/Hispanic sides and favorites. They also have a couple of American-esque dishes and non-Cuban plates for those that aren't ready to expand into the delicious world of Cuban food but don't wanna hold anyone back from enjoying some delicious Cuban foods while they're home.

12. Lady and the Mug 

3111 N. University Dr. Suite 111 Coral Springs, FL 33065

Instead of getting your daily fix from Starbucks or Dunkin, try this locally owned coffee shop while you're home! The cafe is super cute, complete with wooden swing seats over a patch of turf and an outdoorsy vibe. They have a pretty standard coffee menu, but are always rolling out new drinks and snack options. They are also super sweet and helpful if you are an indecisive customer and they even sell cute and trendy merchandise. Plus, they sell white claw. This is an especially great spot to support if you have any homework, school work, or regular work to do. They are super active on social media, so check them out to see their latest specials and stop in while you're home!!

13. John the Baker

9709 W Sample Rd. Coral Springs, FL 33065

This is another authentic Italian place with only two locations, one we are fortunate enough to have in Springs. With a menu full of Italian favorites & amazing pizza options, this is a can't miss place while you're home.

14. Pal Rancho

10603 West Atlantic Blvd. Coral Springs, FL 33071 & 5637 Coral Ridge Drive Coral Springs, FL 33076

There are 2 Coral Springs locations, phase 1 is the Coral Ridge Dr. location and phase 2 is the Atlantic Blvd. location. Both serve up the same amazing Colombian style plates and were a huge hit to everyone back in high school. Their food is still just as good and is definitely worth a trip while you're home for the holidays to reminisce on when we'd go there with our friends in high school.

15. Zona Fresca

1410 N University Dr. Coral Springs, FL 33071

This one isn't exactly local, as it's a chain, but it is a South Floridian chain for the most part, and the people that own our Coral Springs location are the sweetest and most generous people. This is also one of my must-do's when I come home from college for meals. Also, their food is just so good and the guac has no onions!! If you're anything like me, that's a huge deal.