7 Reasons Why Winter Is The Best Time Of Year

While the bitter months of Winter may bring some harsh seasonal changes, Winter also brings a lot of fun!

549
Pixabay.com

That time of year is upon us: the sun sets early, the temperature drops, and our motivation seems to entirely disappear. It happens to the best of us as we all struggle to stay energized in a newly cold and dark world. But while the bitter months of Winter may bring some harsh seasonal changes, Winter also brings a lot of fun. These are just a few of the many reasons why cold months are the best months to enjoy:

1. It's finally sweater weather!

I may not be a fashion expert, but that doesn't stop me from getting excited as soon as the temperature falls. Cold weather is the perfect time to bust out your warm, cozy sweaters, your cute Winter boots, and the scarves that you love (a little too much)!

2. The holidays!

As soon as you hit the first one - Halloween - the fun, family holidays just keep coming! In the blink of an eye, you're eating a delicious, homemade meal with your loved ones on Thanksgiving. Suddenly, you're bustling to buy the perfect gift in preparation for Christmas or Hanukkah! And by the time you're settling down for that New Year's kiss, you won't believe how fast all the fun and excitement flew by.

3. The snow is beautiful

Admittedly, a beautiful snowfall in the eyes of one person is a back-breaking chore in the eyes of another. All the same, no one can deny how pristine and beautiful the world looks after waking up to an untouched layer of snow. If it wasn't so much cold, hard work (and if the snow could only stay white), I wouldn't mind having it year-round!

4. It's perfect cuddle weather

Although the Summer is warm and sunny, the heat can get uncomfortable; you sweat, you stick to everything, and you just can't snuggle up to the people who you love. That's why Winter has the perfect cuddle weather! When you're both desperate for body heat in the midst of the freezing cold, you can lay in each other's arms and share the love and warmth.

5. There are fun ways to stay warm!

I'm the type of person who loves to feel cold solely for the sake of making myself warm again. With the help of thick blankets, fuzzy socks, and a fireplace, the raw, Winter chill doesn't stand a chance against me!

6. Seasonal activities

Cold months are the perfect months to let go and just have fun. There are snowmen to build, snowy hills to sled, cookies to bake, decorations to hang, presents to buy, and plenty of irreplaceable memories to make! That being said, if you're the type of person who gets flustered with the holiday season, take a moment to realize all that you could be missing. Just slow down and remember that you deserve to enjoy the season too!

7. Delicious food!

Winter is the perfect time to enjoy your favorite comfort foods! From the holidays leftovers of turkey and stuffing, to the freshly brewed goodness of velvety hot chocolate, there isn't a better time of the year to indulge!