7 Reasons To 'Apply SA' At James Madison University

Madison, James Madison, WE ARE THE DUKES OF J-M-U!

524

HELLO, DUKES!!! It is yet another exciting time on the James Madison University campus! It is the time for Student Organization Night, club info sessions, and try-outs. While you are considering what will be the next play in your extracurricular playbook, take a look at Student Ambassadors! Need some convincing? Here are seven reasons to "Apply SA"!!!

1. You get to rock those purple polos!!!

The purple polo is ICONIC. It is a staple of JMU tours, and if you get a spot as an Ambassador you get your very own to hang in your closet and rock on tours!

2. Diversity is embraced.

Life would be boring if we were all the same. That is why the SA life is SO EXCITING! So many personalities and walks of life are represented by our Ambassadors, and we are all unified for the same purpose. It is so refreshing to be surrounded by people who see you for who you truly are, and love you despite any differences between you and them.

3. You view campus in a new light.

After intense training and hours upon hours of mock tours, Choices tours, and special tours, it is pretty easy to get acclimated to our campus. This is a perk because there are spots on campus you would probably never discover unless you give tours. Another aspect of this point is that you find a very special place in your heart for this institution, especially in the little things, such as the flowers, the sunsets, or even the quad bricks.

4. SA is extremely rewarding.

Do you remember when you first toured JMU? I toured my junior year of high school, and believe it or not, the minute I saw Lakeside I fell in love. That's right folks, the minute I saw Eagle Hall, I knew JMU would always be home for me (that's TRUE love right there). But in that moment, I was sooo ecstatic because I found the place that I would spend a monumental time in my life! As an Ambassador, you get to see that moment happen for hundreds of future Dukes! It's so humbling, as well as, uplifting. The moment you have someone walk up to you, and tell you that you are one of the reasons they chose to come to JMU, you will be forever grateful that you applied for Student Ambassadors.

5. We do more than just tours.

While tours are our main wheelhouse, SA is more than just a bunch of highly-spirited students who show off James Madison University. We play sports together, we have formals together, we serve on committees together, we grab lunch together, we study together, we do Relay for Life together, we help the Admissions office together, we recruit new members together, we spoil our senior members together, we fund-raise together. Point is: we do A LOT...together.

6. There are opportunities to form new connections.

Student Ambassadors brings so many truly wonderful people into your life. First, you meet all the other new members that are in the same boat as you. Second, you get to know the current members (who are super stoked to meet you all). Third, you receive a fabulous mentor (and family) to share endless laughs and memories with. But it does not end there, you also get to meet amazing staff from Admissions, excited prospective students and families, and you may just get to meet THE President Alger!

7. APPS JUST WENT LIVE!!!!!

SO, let's be real here, y'all. We have homework to do, tests to study for, books to read, but chances are a majority of us are procrastinating, SOOOOO procrastinate the right way, and go to jmusa.weebly.com!!! There you can find our application that is due October 20th!!!

Even if only one of these points peaked your interest to apply SA, don't hesitate!! You won't regret taking the risk of becoming an Ambassador! Also, if you want some more reasons before you officially make your decision to submit your application, check out Colleen Coleman's (another absolutely lovely Ambassador and Odyssey Creator) article, "5 Reasons You, Yes YOU, Should Be A JMU Student Ambassador."

As always, spread love + Go Dukes!!! :)