7 Reasons Saying Goodbye To Your High School Friends Is The Worst Thing You'll Ever Have To Do

“The two hardest things to say in life are hello for the first time and goodbye for the last.”

1033
Samantha Snead

Senior Year: The year of high school that all teenagers dream of. The final year. For most students, senior year seems like the best year of high school because of its symbolization; FREEDOM. Freedom from annoying teachers with stupid assignments and tests; Freedom from the people that you hate seeing 5 days a week; and of course, freedom from the 4 walls of misery you dread walking through every year. So of course, the excitement to leave and enter the world on your own is prevalent in the lives of nearly every high school student. Easy enough to understand.

You just want to get out. I know... I did too! OK... let's just be honest, you won't miss very much about high school... Except for this: YOUR FRIENDS!!!

Saying goodbye to the inner-circle you've been around for years is what you're going to miss the most. Don't believe me? Here are 7 reasons why saying goodbye to your high school friends absolutely SUCKS.

1. You did some crazy stuff with those people!

There will be no one else on this earth that will be able to attest to half of the crazy things you did in high school outside of your group of high school friends. The people that you started food fights with; the people who helped you pull pranks; and the people who encouraged you to do risky things. Either way, there is probably no other group of people who will share the fun times with you other than your high school friend group. So, of course, that makes saying goodbye to them very hard!

2. You compared hot teachers together

Everyone goes through that phase when they find one...or more, of their high school teachers or subs attractive. However, you can't just tell random people that you think that particular teacher is hot or else they might think you are weird. That's what your high school friends are for. You can sit around the lunch table and talk about your schoolgirl 'crushes,' without fearing any judgment. That my friend is one special bond.

3. WILD NIGHTS

Late nights after a football game are typically accompanied by one thing... PARTY!!!! High School parties are the wildest things you can come across. You could get blackout wasted and end up making out with a random, or you could end being completely sober and having to protect your friends from doing something they'll regret in the morning. It's your high school friends that covered for you with your parents when you weren't in your right mind because you were busy dancing the night away. So, don't think letting go of them will be easy.

4. They boosted your confidence when no one else would

High school has those times that make you not want to give a care about what you look like. However, you can always count on your group of friends to tell you that you look sexy...even though you are in an over-sized t-shirt with sweat pants on, no makeup, a messy bun; and overall look like you just got hit by a train. But hey... that's what friends are for.

5. THE JUICIEST GOSSIP ON EARTH

If you were ever in need of the most relevant drama happening in the school, you already knew where to go... your inner circle. You can always count on your high school friends to have the most recent updates on the hottest gossip. Someone will always have a copy of text messages, pictures, or even a video of the latest drama. Even if the hottest gossip is about someone in your inner circle, there will always be someone in your high school friend group that would spill all of the tea. Your friends were more interesting than TMZ at times, no one would ever want to leave that behind.

6. Relationship Advice EXPERTS

Though not all of the girls may not be in a relationship, they all give the best relationship advice ever. If you are with a complete jerk, you can count on your friends to tell you. And when the relationship ends, you can always expect them to say, "I told you so..." but they always give the best motivational talks to help you move on. Your high school friends are the ones you go to when you need to talk about anything dealing with the word L.O.V.E.; and for some of us, not having them around to comfort us in times of heartbreak is unthinkable.

7. Memories that can never be replaced

No matter where you go in life, nothing will ever be able to replace the late night car jam sessions; the motivational talks; the hilarious conversations; and the stupid fights that you will share with your high school friends. You may never get another group of friends that will cover for you when you are on the verge of being expelled, understand your craziness, and pass you a tampon on the DL.

So, do me a favor, take in every moment that you have with your high school friends. Saying goodbye to them may be the hardest thing you will ever have to do.

Order of Appearance from left to right: Me, Ava Ratliff, Samantha Snead, Mallory Odell, Emma Snearer, Katie Brown, Ellie Brown, Catherine Herman, Sierra Moore,