7 Positive Measures From Our President

7 Positive Measures From Our President

What We Have Failed To Recognize

442
7 Positive Measures From Our President
Lexi Hanna

Donald Trump’s Presidency has been a very controversial year between Americans. The media has very clearly depicted him as failing to govern properly causing a seemingly majority of citizens to have negative feelings towards him and his actions. While some of what he may say or propose regarding the good of the country can seem unjust to the public eye, he has been otherwise successful in his Presidency. Unfortunately we as the public have not heard much of his successes. Here are 7 of Trump’s most important proposals since he has held the Office.

1. Raising Import Taxes

This makes it more difficult for foreign-manufactured products to be shipped to the United States. This in turn forces more jobs to be brought back into America, ultimately reducing the unemployment rate. The American Unemployment Rate has shrunk down to 4.4% under Trump’s Administration.

2. Defeating Isis/Putin

ISIS has been an active terrorist group ruling the world for approximately nineteen years. Vladmir Putin has been in power in Russia since 1999- the same year ISIS was founded- and currently serves as the President. Putin is in power in part because of the last remaining part of ISIS: the al-Assad regime. Trump’s militant mindset has been put forth towards the elimination of al-Assad, which will result in the destruction of ISIS and likely the end of Putin’s power.

3. Enforced Barack Obama's Red Line Against Chemical WarFare In Syria

Trump previously had stated his disagreement with U.S troops being involved in the Syrian conflict. After as-Assad unleashed chemical warfare toxins harming innocent civilians (most to his concern being the women and children) he declared his attitude towards the conflict had changed. He claims attacking innocent women and children “crosses a lot of lines, beyond a red line,” and had a big impact on his mentality towards the situation. President Trump responded saying he was left with a responsibility: to be at the aid of the innocent and the destruction of the enemy.

4. Recognized Israel's Capital As Jerusalem

This has been a controversial debate for a number of years; many presidents have vowed to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. As we have seen over the years, none have followed through, yet each has continued to make the same promise. The difference with this Presidency is that Donald Trump followed through on the promise; on December 6th Jerusalem was finally recognized as Israel’s capital.

5. Shows Support And Concern For Shootings And Victims

Any humane president has shown sadness and disgust towards shootings and death tolls resulting. No president has made any progress towards ending the seemingly endless stream of mass shootings in this country. Donald Trump has made an effort to show victims and their families his condolences. Every president who has withstood mass shootings during their term of office has done the same thing: visited cities and victims of the events, offering prayers and condolences. Trump has done these things and addressed the issue at hand: calling attention to the mental health problem in the country.

6. Disassembling The Administrative State

One of the numerous things Trump had made a priority in the beginning of his Presidency was the reduction of the Administrative State of our country. Since his swearing in of the Oval Office, it has been recorded by the American Action Fund that his efforts have saved Americans $70 billion of imposed costs. Americans have been saved this amount by the reduction of regulatory costs as a result of his actions thus far. Furthermore, he has promised for every new regulation he will eliminate two previously existing ones.

7. Proposed Welfare Bill

Donald Trump has called for Welfare reform throughout his time in office with the claim that people are taking advantage of the system. Citizens with food stamps more often than not buy less essential unhealthy foods rather than the more filling substanent foods. On top of that, it is widely known that many on welfare get more taxes back than those working regularly. President Trump seeks to stop this. His welfare goals are to fill families’ mouths with healthier foods and get more of America up and working, claiming “it is out of control!,” referring to the unemployed population. In planning to achieve this goal Trump has recently proposed a “Food Stamp Item Box,” which families will receive monthly. This plan will merge the SNAP benefits with the provision of American-grown foods. The baskets families will receive would contain a variety of things: shelf-stable milk, cereals, pasta, peanut butter, beans and canned goods including fruits and veggies, and then meats such as poultry and/or fish. Along with the baskets, families would also be granted a debit-card to be accepted at participating grocery stores. The proposed reform would serve approximately 42 million with possibility of saving $214 billion over ten years.