7 Phases Of Family Visiting You In College

There is nothing quite like having family visit at your new home!

156

With family visits and special weekends for parents to come see you, there is a range of emotions each person goes through. There is not quite anything else when family gets to visit and sees how and where you spend your days. You get to show them your home and share with them all your favorite places. Along with getting to catch up and appreciating their company. I look forward to family visiting every time and my only wish is that the visit could last longer. Heres the range of emotions I go through every time:

1. Super over excited feelings begin.

You probably spent all week just thinking about all the fun things you get to do with your family. This week took forever to get by!

2. CLEAN EVERTHING!

You want to impress the family with where you live. You and your housemates/roommates will scrub everything till its sparkly! Your family can't know of the slobs you really are.

3. Tackling them with love.

There is nothing like a reunion with the people you love! Nothing beats a hug from your parents or other family members. You cannot contain your love once you see them.

4. Shopping!!

ONE OF THIS AND ONE OF THIS AND EVERYTHING ELSE! Grocery shopping and buying new clothes is exactly what you needed. Now you can stop eating quesadillas and wearing your worn out shoes for once!

5. Eating great food

Having your family down means taking them to all your favorite food places and keeping all the leftovers! Nothing beats that.

6. Showing them around

You may be in a shoebox apartment, tiny dorm, or old house but you are damn proud of it! Whatever it is, it always fun to show your fam around the new place you call home.

7. Not wanting to say bye

Once your family leaves then that means back to reality of school and stress and paying for everything on your own. Also means you won't see your family for a little bit. They leave but both you and them can't wait for the next time to see each other!