The 7 Personality Types of the World

The other day, a friend and I got in a conversation about people and their personality types, we discussed people who were caring, funny and of course, occasionally obnoxious. Eventually, my friend mentioned that there is a theory that only seven personality types exist in the world. I scourged the internet to find this theory and sure enough I found it. Here are those seven personality types.

1. Warrior: the first personality on this list, it is one that is forceful, loyal, protective, determined and steadfast. In other words, picture the Olympic athletes to help understand. These are the people who live for others and themselves and will do whatever the cost to ensure its safety. They don't know when or how to quit, it isn't in their blood. They strive to be the best they can be, there is no second best, only success or failure.

2. Sage: these are our entertainers, “sages" are naturally engaging, articulate, charming, entertaining and expressive. Know that one funny guy or gal that always knows how to make you laugh and keep the party going? That's your “sage." They are the people who keep the world turning by making it an enjoyable place to be. Where would we be without entertainment? What would we do with our free time? The “sage" is the personality that reminds us what it means to be human and how to feel emotion. Need an example? Robin Williams.

3. Scholar: the intellects of the seven, they are naturally curious, studious, academic, analytical and neutral. One could categorize these people as strong left‐brainers, they are the personality that questions every reality of this world and pursue the answers. What is the source of gravity? What is in a black hole? Are these common questions that enter your mind? You may be the next Isaac Newton or Albert Einstein. Consider yourself among the intellectual greats of our world, what revolutionary discovery will you make?

4. Priest: no, these are not necessarily the people who are pledging their lives to the church, instead these are the people who are naturally inspirational, uplifting, motivating, energizing and a visionary. This is a rare one, not many people are a true “priest," most of the time it's the people who are always the optimist. They are the type to turn a horrible situation into a manageable one, they reassure you, encourage you and cheer for you on the sideline. However, these are also the people who create revolutions. Picture Martin Luther King Jr. or Ghandi, those two are perfect “priests."

5. Artisan: is the world too boring for you? Do you catch yourself daydreaming nearly every hour of the day? If so, you are probably an “artisan," someone who is naturally creative, inventive, imaginative, sensitive and dexterous. These are the artists of our world, the Van Gogh's, Da Vinci's, Steve Jobs' and Bill Gates'. They are ones who find the future and make it discoverable, they see the world as a place to build and admire. Do you do you only look at its cover or do you proceed to read the world for the contents of its pages? If you agree with the latter, consider yourself a potential artisan.

6. King: these are your aggressors, they are naturally commanding, assured, powerful, authoritative and decisive. You know those people who are the undeclared leader of your squad. They are the ones to make the finalized decision to you and your group's boredom, they have the final say in what bar you go to. Think of how a senior is seen to a freshman, there isn't really a power struggle there.

7. Server: these people are naturally accommodating, caring, hospitable and altruistic. To help you visualize the personality, do you have that one friend who is the “mom" of the group? The one who always takes care of you and the others when you need it, whether it be a last minute ride back to school or the one who waits by your side as you wear the porcelain crown after a night of heavy drinking.

Now the question remains, which personality are you?