7 Lazy Day Survival Tips

7 Lazy Day Survival Tips

We all need them, but they can be harder than you think.

Time seems to move faster and faster as I grow up. So fast that it is so hard to find time to relax and recharge myself. Finding a lazy day in the craziness of life is imperative to maintaining good mental health. However, sometimes it's hard to stay lazy if you're a busybody always on the move. Here are some quick tips to help you relax and enjoy your lazy day.

1. Find a comfy spot (or two) and take in every ounce of your surroundings

It is important to make sure you feel comfortable in your surroundings when you pick your lazy day spot because you're going to be there for a while. If you absolutely cannot stay in one spot for a day, then find a new spot, just make sure you aren't going to a new spot too quickly. Bonus tip: try not to make your comfy spot your bed. There's a difference between your lazy day spot and your sleep spot.

2. Make sure you still eat food

It is so easy to forget this part, but it's important. Make sure your portions aren't too big otherwise you will consume far more calories than you are burning. Find the perfect balanced meals for your lazy day and you're good to go!

3. Call a friend to come over if you get lonely

You never know who else needs a lazy day, and sometimes it can be fun to just hang out with a good pal. However, make sure you are still getting your rest and allowing yourself to recharge at the same time.

4. Find a good, binge-worthy show

There are millions of shows to pick from, and it will help time pass by quicker if you find yourself completely invested in a new story line.

5. Keep the amount of time spent on social media to a minimum

Reply to your Snapchat streaks, scroll through your Instagram, retweet a few things on Twitter, then go back to focusing on you. You can always go back and check in a few hours, but nothing is going to change in five minutes that you won't see in a couple hours.

6. Feel free to look at your planner for a few minutes, but put it away later

I know how hard it can be to just sit and think about all the other more productive things you could be doing with your day. If that stresses you out, take ten minutes to look at a planner and make time to accomplish those things. Then, put the planner away and trust your plan.

7. Go to sleep at a reasonable time

Personally, when I have a lazy day I tend to lose track of time, and suddenly I look at a clock and it is 2:00 a.m. Make sure you keep an eye on the time and go to sleep earlier than you normally would. Lazy days will make you more tired than you may expect, so make sure you get rest by sleeping, too.

If you keep all these tips in your back pocket, I promise you will have the most successful lazy day ever, and you will wake up the next morning refreshed and ready to take on the world!