7 Keys To A Healthy Relationship

7 Keys To A Healthy Relationship

"A relationship is not based on the length of time you spend together, but the foundation you have built together."

10404
Google

Relationships happen all the time and are a part of life. In relationship we all mess up, and we don’t always do the right things. Here are some key things in a relationship that I believe are important.

1. Trust.

In a relationship trust is very important. A lot of relationships fail because someone doesn’t have trust. Trusting people is really hard, especially when you’re dating. But if you love them, then you should trust them not to betray you in any way.

2. Communication.

Communication is what keeps the relationship intact. If you have a problem of any sort, talk it out. If you don’t like something that then other person is doing, then say it. Don’t be afraid to speak up, but don’t fight, just talk it out.

3. Loyalty.

Being loyal to your partner is a must. Don’t lie, steal, or cheat. Be honest with your partner at all times, and accept nothing but honesty in return. It’s all about respecting them enough to tell the truth.

4 Understanding you need space.

Sometimes in a relationship you spend time together and it gets to be too much. Your partner needs to understand that you need some time alone without them. This is another important key in a relationship.

5. Admitting you are wrong.

If you and your partner are in a fight and you realize you are the one in the wrong, admit you are wrong. There is nothing to be ashamed of, we all make mistakes, but don’t keep on fighting because you don’t want to admit you are the wrong one.

6. Date night.

Having a date night at least once a month is something that will keep the relationship alive. It can be: dinner, a movie, mini golf, really anything fun with your partner. It’s key to go out and have some fun together, instead of just hanging out at the house.

7. Quality not quantity.

It’s all about quality over quantity. It doesn’t matter how much time you and your partner spend together. The most important part is about the quality of this time. It’s fine to zone out together and enjoy distractions, but it’s crucial to make sure you two are still engaging and spending quality time together.