7 Of The Funniest Twitter #s To Trend In Nigeria

These are some of the most successful and funniest Twitter hashtags to trend in Nigeria.

3869
awesomelyluvvie

It's amazing how people continue to create opportunities to enjoy some much-needed good humor despite the mass poverty, hunger and suffering that persist among them. Nigerians have maintained their position among the happiest countries in the world, even though the unfortunate abundance of corruption thugs at their souls. How do we manage? The answer is that Nigerians understand the importance of maintaining a good sense of humor to get them through difficult times. These hilarious, and yet trivial hashtags make up only a tiny fraction of the variety of ways through which Nigerians have been able to come together to share a good laugh over mutual experiences.

These are some of the funniest hashtags that have recently trended on Twitter in Nigeria. It is important to note that while some of these hashtags are exclusively humorous, without any underlying politically complex issues, others underscore some key political and social issues which require more than just some good humor.

1. #SecSchoolInNigeria

Using this hashtag, Nigerians reminisced over mutual experiences, hilarious in retrospect, of passing through secondary school in Nigeria. While some of the tweets are specific to Nigerian secondary school experience, most are relatable with the experience of equivalent schools in many other countries. Get ready to have a very hearty laugh.

2. #NigeriansAtHogwarts

This hashtag, in reference to the J. K. Rowling's Harry Porter series, was at one point the funniest hashtag trending in Nigeria. The tweets had me literally in tears as I read hilarious tweets about the beautiful disaster that would inevitably have emerged from having Nigerian characters at Hogwarts.

3. #WhenAliensMeetNigerians

This hashtag proved that if aliens exist, Nigerians would certainly not have any part in running away in fear or engaging in war with the aliens. Nigerians would face the aliens squarely, and succeed in causing the aliens to loose interest in earth by thoroughly confusing the aliens until the aliens begin to question their existence and intelligence. Yeah, Nigerians are smart like that!

4. #YouKnowYourMumIsNigerian

You know your mom is Nigerian when she annoys you 90% of the time, but still owns 100% of your love. We love our Nigerian mothers! This hashtag trended for a few weeks, and it had everyone laughing very hard.

5. #ItsOnlyInNigeria

It's only in Nigeria that the humor is inexhaustible!

6. #IfAfricaWasABar

The entire African continent, Nigeria included, went wild with all kinds of ideas the different roles that each country in Africa would play if Africa was a bar. As usual, Nigeria played a vital role in making this hashtag very interesting and humorous.

7. #LifeAfterReturningStolenPublicFunds

This hashtag was particularly funny because we all had numerous politicians, who had recently been arrested for stealing public funds, in mind as we read the creative tweets. Enjoy this final dose of good Nigerian humor!