7 Dumbledore Quotes To Live By

7 Dumbledore Quotes To Live By

Albus Dumbledore was full of insightful quotes, here are a few

560
7 Dumbledore Quotes To Live By
Metro Vinyl

In honor of the 20th anniversary of the beginning of Harry Potter, it is only fitting to write an article with a quote from the greatest man, Albus Dumbledore. There are 7 books, so there are 7 quotes. If you are a true Harry Potter fan you will know that yes Snape killed Dumledore in "The Half-Blood Prince", BUT at the end of "The Deathly Hallows" Harry has an interaction with Dumbledore after he let Voldemort kill the Horcurx inside of him. "Harry Potter and...

1. The Philosophers Stone"

On page 306 Dumbledore says "It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to out enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."

Neville was the quiet, awkward kid of the group, but he still found the courage to stand up to his friends. We all need to be more like Neville when our friends are making some of the wrong decisions and stand up to them to try and change their course of action.

2. The Chamber of Secrets"

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities," page 333.

One needs to be mindful of their choices because that shows more of our character than anything else in the world.

3. The Prisoner of Azkaban"

On page 426 Dumbledore says, "The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is very difficult business indeed."

We need to be aware of the consequences our actions can have, good and bad. If we are aware of these consequences than we can better our future.

4. The Goblet of Fire"

"Curiosity is not a sin, but we should exercise caution with our curiosity," page 598.

It is normal for one to be curious, but it is when that curiosity puts one in danger is when it becomes a problem. One must always assess if it is truly worth being curious about.

5. The Order of The Phoenix"

On page 826 it says "youth cannot know what age thinks and feels."

Those of age have experienced far more than youth. Those of youth need to stop assuming they know everything and take lessons from those who have been through it.

6. The Half-Blood Prince"

"You are free to choose your way, quite free to turn your back on the prophecy," page 512

Harry did not have to follow what the prophecy told him would happen and what was needed to be done. Even if life seems predetermined, you always have a choice to go your own way.

7. The Deathly Hallows"

"Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love," page 722.

The reason we should be pitying the living is because they still have to live in a world of suffering, where the dead are at peace.