6 Ways To Get Your Mind Off Politics

6 Ways To Get Your Mind Off Politics

How to Ignore the Election

954
6 Ways To Get Your Mind Off Politics
kqed.org

In 1960, John F. Kennedy and Richard Nixon made history by being the first presidential candidates to debate on live television. Today in 2016, Clinton and Trump made history by being the first presidential candidates to have Twitter beef. Yeah, this year's abysmal excuse for a presidential election is nothing short of a joke and it’s leaving many voters feeling sad and ashamed that this is the best our beautiful country can produce. I mean, really? I waited 18 years to vote and these are my options? The recent debate only made things worse and a lot of people want to give up on our democratic election system this year. If you've had enough of the nonsense and need to just tune out all the noise from the political world, have no fear. Here's a list of activities you can do that will help you ignore the election.

1. Pick up a book

Getting swept up in a compelling read is a surefire way to forget about the all the worldly affairs taking place around you. I hear the new Harry Potter book is pretty decent.

2. Start a New Show

Like a good book, a good show is just as effective towards helping you totally forget that there are even other human beings that exist outside of your beloved Netflix series. Try worrying about your fav characters’ lives for a while rather than stressing over the reality of you and your country’s problems. There are tons of sick new shows on Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu and 1000+ hours of content that will keep you away from the disappointing reality of life for weeks.

3. Leave the Country

Just pack your bags and go. It doesn’t matter where, just leave. Chances are they’re probably making fun of us in every other country so at least shoot for a nation that doesn’t speak English so you can’t understand their political trash talk.

4. Hibernate

Forget hour long naps, we need to hit the hay for a couple months. Put everything on hold and set your alarm for after the inauguration when people don’t even care about politics anymore.

5. Go to Outer Space

Billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk just recently announced his plan for putting humans on Mars within the next few years. Maybe we can convince him to bump the launch up a little bit and send a couple of us up there now. I mean, I don’t think anyone’s going to bother you with politics when you’re trying to figure out how to survive on another planet.

6. Just Stay Off Social Media

This isn’t much of an activity but it will certainly help you avoid thinking about anything even slightly political. You'd actually be amazed at how much you can get done if you delete all the social media apps off your phone so that's also a plus.