6 Must-Watch Upcoming Movies

6 Must-Watch Upcoming Movies

What to expect these next few months!

3
6 Must-Watch Upcoming Movies
Bearcast Media

With the fall season finally in gear and Thanksgiving break just around the corner, it's about time we prepare for the onslaught of entertainment being hurled out this year. There seems to be a lot in store so far, with a little something for all movie fans!

6. Moana

Though there's been a lot of controversial commentary regarding this movie, I must admit I'm rather excited to see this come out. There aren't too many animated movies covering the identity of Pacific Islanders, and with Ron Clements and John Musker behind production (also responsible for films including "The Little Mermaid" and "The Princess and the Frog"), I'm sure that "Moana" will be a pleasant treat this Thanksgiving!

5. Passengers

Anytime Jennifer Lawrence is in a movie, you know it's worth the watch! Along with huge names such as Keanu Reeves and Chris Pratt, this sci-fi romance covers the love story of Aurora (Lawrence) and Jim (Pratt) as they wake from hyper-sleep 90 years earlier than intended, as their spaceship encounters a malfunction. This film will be coming out in December.

4. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

As a J.K Rowling fan, I must admit that I am absolutely thrilled to see another one of her works out on the big screen! Not only is it a J.K Rowling piece, but it features actors including Colin Farrell and Eddie Redmayne, both of which are amazingly talented performers. After seeing Redmayne in "The Danish Girl", I've been dying for more, and I'm stoked to see what director David Yates has prepared, as he has some strong history with J.K Rowling's "Harry Potter" franchise (directed the fifth, sixth, seventh, and eighth "Harry Potter" films). This movie is released November 18th.

3. Doctor Strange

Starring actors such as Tilda Swinton, Rachel McAdams, the rising face to film Benedict Cumberbatch, there isn't anything that could keep me from running into the theater on November 4th with my "Sherlock" fan gear. Not only that, but it's the next on the list for the ongoing storm of Marvel movies, and my geek-side simply can't contain itself enough to wait it out. Thankfully, the movie comes out on a Friday!

2. Resident Evil: The Final Chapter

Now it may be a while until the final installment of the Resident Evil movies actually comes out (January 27th), but ever since I saw the trailer release in August, I've been eagerly awaiting the day that I see Milla Jovovich as Alice for the last time. The movies may not have been perfect, but they are exactly the type that ar wonderful for a group get-together. Even the trailer was a thrill to watch, which is why I am especially ecstatic to race to the premieres.

1. Underworld: Blood Wars

I have been waiting this since the last installment of Underworld for this moment. If there are two movie franchises that are worth the watch no matter what, it will be Resident Evil and Underworld. Kate Beckinsale looks stunning as Selene, and the trailer had me squealing in excitement. I've been obsessed with the storyline, and hearing of a new Underworld movie was like music to my ears. The release date is January 6th.