6 Underrated Artists That Deserve More Attention (Seriously, Listen To Them)

Everyone famous artist was once not well-known.

188

A list of some of my favorite artists that are extremely underrated in many ways. From lyrical geniuses to exquisite composition and production, these artists have it all, yet are still very under-appreciated.

1. August Kamp

Instagram

Starting us off we have August Camp. He has a way of bringing elements of music together that many people would never think of doing. His creativity pours out of his music. It is so evident that he makes his music for him and that definitely heightens his appeal. He has a very strong creative outlook on music and isn't afraid to experiment. This alone makes him a strong musician, but the fact that his songs have strong messages only enhances his charm.

2. 1nonly

YouTube

This artist is the combination of playful production, rap, and raw lyrics. When listening to the intro of his songs, you don't necessarily expect the vocals to be rapping. He mixes so many different elements in his music and it sounds so good. The different layers of the songs are constructed so seamlessly.

3. Dreams We've Had

Instagram

This group has a very dreamy style. When listening to their music, I feel as if I am floating. They insert strong lyrics within instrumentals and sounds that create a big ball of beautiful noises. It doesn't take anything to listen to their music, you can just be and I really enjoy that about out them.

4. Ben Lawrence​

Instagram

You can hear the vulnerability and passion in each one pf Ben Lawrence's songs, and I think that is what attracted me to his music at first. Then, as I listened to him on a more regular basis, I gained an appreciation for him even more. He doesn't use an over abundance of production in every song. He utilizes simplicity to make his music, and it really stands out. His voice is real, and you can hear the passion and vulnerability in every lyric he sings.

5. Bryce Xavier

Instagram

Bryce is such a diverse talent. His voice is not typical in any way. It has such a good mixture of elements that would allow for him to branch out in any genre he chooses. His lyrics are pure and paint the scenarios portrayed perfectly. His vocals are smooth and soothing, but can also have has a hint of rasp that adds to the song as a whole. Definitely an artist to watch out for, because he will flourish if he continues on the track he's on.

6. Tony22

Instagram

This playful sounding artist is so talented, especially when it comes to combining different genres and sounds. He has a bedroom pop surface, but inserts rap verses and electronic beats in his songs. He has such a unique style that meshes perfectly with his vocals. He has less than 15,000 monthly listeners on Spotify and absolutely deserves more.

To find these artists and much more underrated music, go to my Spotify.