6 Things To Do Before You Take An Exam

6 Things To Do Before You Take An Exam

How to sleep better before the big day

55
6 Things To Do Before You Take An Exam
Via Huffingtonpost.com

As a student, your time is valuable and may be in short supply.Between classes, homework, research papers, studying, and spending time with friends, you may not be making time for yourself in regards to sleeping. Sleep is so incredibly important for a student because your brain needs proper rest to rejuvenate and to process the information in which you are learning every day in school.

1. Find the right mattress for your body type

Mattress support and comfort is crucial to your ability to fall asleep and stay asleep.Memory foam mattresses support your body at the right pressure points, allowing you to remain comfortable, longer, and stay asleep.No more tossing and turning!

2. Relax your mind through mindfulness, yoga, or guided imagery

Many people find their thoughts racing the night before an exam, and the ability to wind down is a daunting task.Using yoga to stretch and calm the mind and body before sleep may help you to unwind before bed.After yoga, being mindful and using guided imagery can help steer your thoughts to a bedtime mindset while clearing away any negative thoughts that impact sleep.

3. Have all of your things ready for school the night before

Just like as a child, laying your clothes and materials out for the next day can help you fall asleep at night and have an easier morning.With all of your items laid out before bed, you have one less thing to worry about as you fall asleep.

4. Schedule sleep time as you would study time

Time for sleep is as important, if not more so than the time you spend studying and time spent with friends.Scheduling sleep also alerts your body to a bedtime and helps to keep your circadian rhythm in balance.With a good circadian rhythm and a comfortable mattress, you should be able to fall asleep without trouble.

5. Utilize aromatherapy

Aromatherapy is not a new fad, but an ancient tradition used to allow the scent to help control the brain and body.For example, lavender is a known oil and scent that triggers our brains to relax.Using lavender in a diffuser, in a lotion, or a scented pillow, may help your brain to relax, and your body to unwind in a natural way.

6. Exercise

A tired body is a happy body.Exercising helps to release tension, stress, and anxiety from the body, all of which hinder sleep.Releasing these toxins from your body through exercise will also boost endorphins-the feel good emotions in your brain.Releasing tension and adding endorphins will help you to fall asleep fast.

All of these tips for better sleep can help a student sleep well before an exam; however, having the right mattress to sleep upon is the most important aspect of sleep.One will surely sleep better on a memory foam mattress than on the floor or on a futon. Keeping this fact in mind should be the motivating factor for replacing your bed.Having the right mattress is as important as having the right amount of sleep.

Determining which mattress is best for you can be overwhelming.So many options are available in a mattress.How can you find the right one for you?This website breaks down the best-rated mattresses for you, so you can simply look for your needs and match it to the brand.