6 Things You And Your Roommates Always Do The Morning After Going Out

It’s just as fun.

19

TGIF. Time to celebrate the end of another stressful week. We all think Friday night is the best part of the weekend, but what about that glorious Saturday morning with the roommates?

It’s just as fun. Just like Friday night routines, there are the Saturday morning routines.

And they’re just as funny as the night before.

1. Round up the troops.

This is the first challenge. You open your eyes and take in your surroundings. Phew, you made it home to your bed. Chances are at least one of your roomies is snuggled up with you. You roll over and give each other the “WTF happened last night?” look, and then begin the search for the other survivors. One is passed out on the living room floor, another already has their head in the toilet. Of course, there’s always that one straggler that walks in, all smudged make up and last night’s outfit is looking a little (lot) less put together.

2. Hydrate!

One of you was smart enough to fill up a water bottle last night; everyone else crawls to the sink with a cup to fill. Oh sweet water, you taste like the nectar of the gods. It seems you are trying to satisfy an unquenchable thirst. After a gallon or so of water, it’s time to move on to the coffee. The trek to Dunks is taxing, and the only thing getting you there is the smell of fresh coffee and the deliciousness of caramel swirl. One sip and you feel the recovery kicking in.

3. Recap.

It’s time to figure out the details of last night. This includes many questions; How’d we get home? Who was that guy who kept trying to kiss me? I did what!? It’s a time of confusion and mixed stories, and definitely a few giggles. A recollection of further details will take place over the course of the day.

4. Take a peek at the pics.

Re-watching your Snapchat stories, feeling horrified yet hysterically laughing. The pictures before going out are cute, the pictures while out show signs of rapid decline, and the final pictures of the night are just plain unsightly. There’s pictures with random people you’ve never seen before, pictures of the ceiling and the floor, pictures of inanimate objects. Some are insta worthy, some are acceptable for Facebook, some belong in a sealed vault, and some just need to be deleted forever.

5. Carbs.

After the large quantities of water and numerous coffees, your belly is finally ready for food. And by food, I mean carbohydrates. Pasta, bread, chicken nuggets. You gorge yourself, thinking you can’t possibly be hungry still (you are).

6. Snuggle.

The day after going out is dedicated to vegging out, snuggles and movies. The gang gets their blankets and lies in a pile of arms and legs, one person scratching somone’s back, someone playing with another’s hair. It’s a beautiful thing. By the time dinner rolls around, you’ve recuperated and it’s time to get ready for another night. Repeat again tomorrow morning.