6 Steps To Help You Keep Track Of Your Summer Classes

I know it is hard over the summer, but your break will come soon!

40
Anete Lūsiņa

Coming from the biggest procrastinator there ever was, I am here to try to give whoever is reading this tips to stay focused even while having fun. Although I may not follow these rules, you know what they say: Do as I say, not as I do.

1. Take your work with you.

Although it may sound like a chore, take your laptop or iPad with you wherever you need to go. If there's a Starbucks, take it there! Going to the beach? Be careful, because sand will get everywhere, but take it there! Although it doesn't seem like fun, while you are sitting down or waiting in line, you could be writing a paper or taking a quiz.

2. Make tiny goals.

One thing that has made me understand how to get stuff done is giving myself goals or incentives. If I finish three paragraphs now, then I can go get ice cream with my friends. Or as long as I finish five math assignments, I can go to the theme parks today. A big incentive for me that I have after a busy few days is if I finish three quizzes, I can take a nap. Don't get me wrong, I still try to get the best possible grade I can, but I finish those quizzes so fast. Give yourself tiny goals so you know if you can do them then you get to still go out and have fun.

3. Write in a planner or make a checklist.

The more you write in a planner or make some sort of list, the more organized you will become. Also, it will be a lot less likely to forget to do an assignment if you wrote it down somewhere. Every Sunday when you are turning in your last assignments, go ahead and write down everything that is due the following week. And honestly, what's more satisfying than crossing things off a list?

4. Wake up earlier.

I understand that summer is the only time to catch up on sleep, but trust me, in reality, you probably get enough. I know that summer is the time to stay up late and wake up even later, but sometimes the only way to get stuff done is to just wake up early. Those couple of hours while your friends and family still aren't awake is the prime time get work done. And also, when they do wake up, you'll already have your work done so you can still go out with them.

5. Stay up later.

So for all of you readers who are night owls, you can stay up later and sleep in a little bit to get your work done. This is the option I'd rather pick, just because I like to get my work done before I fall asleep, rather than wakeup and just start working on assignments.

6. Know it will help your future.

Everything you do now is a stepping stone toward your future. And if you make a bad decision, you will pay for it eventually. So although it may feel like a pain in the butt now having to work and go to school, try to still go out and have fun. Trust me, it will be worth it in the end. Once you have that degree, every summer from that point on will get a little easier. You can do it - I have faith in you!