6 Signs You're A Coffee Addict As Told By The Gilmore Girls

"I can't stop drinking the coffee, I stop drinking the coffee and I stop doing the standing, and the walking, and the words-putting-into-sentences doing."

39
"Coffee-coffee-coffee is a saying. Like an exaggeration. It's a funny, desperate cry for caffeine. It's just my thing." -Lorelai Gilmore

1. Your Blood Has Been Replaced With Coffee

Some people have blood running through their veins, the coffee addict's blood has almost certainly been replaced with espresso. I can't function unless I've had at least two cups of coffee. Coffee counts as water, right?

2. Your Significant Other Must Like Coffee

And we're not talking about the guys who order vanilla bean frappuccinos with extra whip (no offense, guys). I need a man who is down for coffee dates every week and is willing to try everything on the menu from Americanos to the delicious looking snickerdoodle lattes at the local coffee shop. If we can't look like we should be the poster couple for a Folger's commercial, then you're not the one, baby.

3. It's Apparent to Everyone You Have A Problem

It's getting to the point where your friends and family feel the need to tell you it's not acceptable to be drinking coffee at midnight. As if. Anytime is the right time to be drinking coffee, am I right? My friends have just accepted there's no stopping me at this point and choose to love me as the caffeinated monster that I am.

4. Coffee Fixes Everything

Failed test? Coffee. Flat Tire? Coffee. Stolen purse? Coffee. While it may not solve the problems themselves, coffee sure will help you temporarily forget about them. Whether it's a break-up, finals, sleep deprivation or missing your dog, coffee is the obvious solution. There is no sorrow that a nice steaming cup of joe can't fix. There's something homey and comforting about wrapping my hands around a mug and inhaling the sweet smell of liquid heaven.

5. We Can Spot Bad Coffee From A Mile Away

If there is ANYTHING a coffee addict is good at, it's distinguishing the good from the bad. Yes, there is a difference between your sugar-free vanilla latte from Quik Trip and my tall double-shot skim cappuccino made with espresso from the pits of cherries grown in Brazil; however, if you're like me you get to the point where coffee is coffee and you'll drink it just about any way you can get it.

6. We Just Love It

No matter how much our friends, family, maybe even our pets judge us, they will never stop us from consuming coffee. There's nothing like kicking up my feet at my favorite local coffee shop and relaxing. Cheers, friends!