6 "Rick And Morty" Quotes That Will Get You Thinking About Your Life

Because sometimes inspiration can come from the weirdest of places.

6443
Adult Swim

To many, the recently-released show, "Rick and Morty," may seem like any other program that would be played on Adult Swim: A show full of crude humor. However, their overly-raw satire is quite refreshing, especially when referring to philosophical or practical questions we ask ourselves. Here are a couple quotes from "Rick and Morty" that really make you think about and reflect on your ideals and perception of life.

1. "What about the reality where Hitler cured cancer, Morty? The answer is: Don't think about it."

I'm sure many of us have spent time thinking about what could've been. Rick has the right idea, don't waste energy dwelling on what could have been, concentrate on the present.

2. "You're not going to believe this, because it usually never happens, but I made a mistake."

The first step to solving a problem is recognizing there is one. Don't be ashamed in admitting you're wrong, it's a part of learning humility.

3. "God, Grandpa, you're such a dick!"

"I'm sorry, Summer, your opinion means very little to me."

Apart from his incredible intelligence and success in the scientific field, another defining characteristic about Rick is his lack of regard for others' opinions. Don't worry about what others think or say about you, it'll prevent you from reaching your true potential.

4. "Sometimes science is a lot more art than science. A lot of people don't get that."

One man's trash can be another man's treasure. It's inevitable to meet someone that has different views than you.

5. "They're robots! It's OK to shoot them, Morty, they're just robots!"

As technology continues to advance, our generation can only begin to comprehend the ethical and moral issues that come with creating artificial intelligence. If there was a robot that could walk, talk, and feel identical to a human, should they be treated as if they were a human?

6. "Life is effort, and I'll stop when I die!"

Either motivational or a justification for being lazy... the interpretation is up to you.

Apart from making you ponder about life, "Rick and Morty" is a piece of satirical genius. Similar to "South Park" in crudeness and the daring jokes, "Rick and Morty" exaggerate the issues of everyday life, especially their mockery on marriage throughout both seasons. From explainable phenomena to the current status of father-daughter relationships, this show has no bounds to what it will make fun of. If you're able to take the grotesque and obscene, this show is definitely worth a watch; once you're over that, you'll see the comedic prowess of the writers.