6 Reasons you need to watch the Carrie Diaries

If you already watched it, re-watch it.

115

1. Sebastian Kydd

Have you seen Austin Butler’s smile? If you haven’t, I do not know what you are doing with yourself. Google Austin Butler. Right now. That gif is not enough for you to comprehend the power of his smile. Then, read the rest of this list. He is the perfect bad boy to corrupt Carrie’s very innocent lifestyle and personality. Everyone needs that one person that is going to break them free of their incorruptibility and show them what they’re meant to do in life—that’s exactly what Sebastian does for Carrie. Did I also mention he’s GORGEOUS?

2. The story line

There are various issues that Carrie and the gang undergo that could provide helpful tips to your own life. There are LGBT issues, school hardships, relationship tribulations, you name it, it's in the series. The story line keeps you wanting more to know how little Miss Bradshaw came to be the infamous reckless Carrie that we all know and love in Sex and the City.

3. Carrie Bradshaw

When she smiles, you smile. She is such a delightful character. She is ambitious, intelligent, and quick witted. Carrie is going through quite a lot at the beginning of the series with all her new changes, internally and externally, and you never see her desire to succeed fall. She knows what she wants out of life and uses all of her disadvantages to her advantage. That is the type of character we millennials need to embody to succeed in this competitive job market. Although Carrie is a character in a television series, she is a role model for a lot of young women.

4. The Fashion is as wild your imagination.

If you are even the slightest bit intrigued by fashion and its roots, this show is for you. This series is set in the 80’s—the prime decade for flashy colors and eccentric patters. From neon pink skirts with a teal crew neck sweater to her infamous large star dangling earrings, Carrie was never over or underdressed. One my favorite pieces she wore was a green coat, leopard print crop top and Emeline tulle beige skirt in the episode “Run to You.” If you don’t want to watch the show for its content, watch it for the fashion. Not to mention anything that Larissa wore was straight out of the streets of Fifth Avenue.

5. The series gives your wildest dreams hope.

I don’t know about you, but my dream is to be able to have a chapter of my life in New York City. Why not? It’s a city where anything can happen and there is never a dull moment. Carrie goes from drag to fab when she is presented an incredible opportunity to have an internship in Manhattan. Although this show may seem very unrealistic to some people, it’s very real. This show teaches girls that you never know where connections can lead you and that no matter what happens—don’t ever give up on your dreams.

6. Love

Carrie’s love life gives us an exceptional view into the traumatic train wreck that is love. It’s not pretty, it does hurt, and it is one of the greatest feelings you can experience. The romantic story line pulls on your heart a million times over and over and you’ll fall in love over and over. I feel that this series really gives you an insight to the tribulations that loving someone can bring you.

PSA: some episodes require a box of tissues.