6 Reasons Why I Love Being An Introvert At Heart
Health Wellness

Not having to depend on anyone outside of myself for comfort and happiness is probably my strongest asset.

450
https://unsplash.com/photos/4QTfjewH4RU

In a world that never stops talking and never stops moving...isn't it nice to have the ability to shut yourself off from everything and enjoy your own company? I know a lot of people who can't do anything alone or be happy unless they're constantly in the spotlight. Sounds awful. I might have my outgoing moments, but my true happiness resides in my own peace and quiet.

1. I'm not great at small talk, but it's because I prefer to talk about meaningful topics.

giphy.com

I might not be the greatest at schmoozing and kissing ass, but I do know how to have very meaningful and deep conversations with those who are on my same wavelength. I convey my personality better in settings where I can speak my mind and show my intellectual side.

2. Being alone doesn't scare me. I enjoy my own company more than I enjoy the company of most people.

giphy.com

Unlike extroverts, I know how to recharge my own batteries without anyone's help or attention. Just spending some quiet time alone is enough to make me feel happy and relaxed. I eventually do get antsy and need to be social from time to time, but I pretty much always enjoy being in solitude.

3. If I like you, it actually means something.

giphy.com

Since I'm pretty content with just me, myself, and I, I don't necessarily strive to make a bunch of friends and make plans all the time. I couldn't care less about being the most popular person in the room or having a bunch of superficial relationships to keep up with. But if I do reach out to you and care about you, just know that you're a special and genuine person in my eyes.

4. I'm a good student because I don't have a hard time focusing and getting my work done on my own.

giphy.com

I thrive in independent settings and concentrate the best when I'm alone. That's why I have no problem putting my headphones on, putting my head down, and getting to work. I also don't mind sacrificing nights out to be studious.

5. Spending time alone allows me to self-reflect and work on myself often.

giphy.com

I do a lot of journaling, meditating, and reading when I'm spending time alone. All of these activities are best done in a quiet setting and have helped me become more self-aware. If you're constantly being bombarded by the energy of others and don't know how to listen to your inner voice, then how do you even know who you are?

6. I don't have to worry about social pressure like most people do, because I simply just don't care!

giphy.com

There comes a lot of pressure with feeling like you have to be friends with everyone, have to be the center of the attention, have to be constantly stimulated by other people, have to keep up with your "social status", etc. When you're content with yourself, you don't need outside validation to be happy. You can just be.