6 Products to Find Your Zen in 2017

6 Products to Find Your Zen in 2017

Positive thoughts, relaxing scents, and comfy pillows

28
6 Products to Find Your Zen in 2017
Abduzeedo Photography

A new year means a whole new set of challenges. Whether you have a New Year’s resolution or a New Year’s challenge to follow, we all could use some more “zen” in our lives. Zen Buddhism, where most people take the word “zen” from, emphasizes meditation and intuition. These are two things that I’m sure everyone could use a little more of in their lives. So, I have compiled a list to help you do that:

1. Louise Hay Power Thought Cards

This 64-card deck is a great way to keep your heart strong but your mind stronger. Louise Hay, author of the book You Can Heal Your Life, has made an impact on the world of personal growth, spirituality, self-healing, and mental clarity. Each card in Hay's deck is decorated with colorful pictures and a phrase or phrases of empowerment and self-love. Each card acts as an affirmation or mantra for the day or week. One card reads, “The past is over and done and has no power over me. I can begin to be free in this moment. Today’s thoughts create my future. I am in charge. I now take my own power back. I am safe and I am free”. Saying an affirmation or mantra daily will help you find something to focus on and hopefully bring your mind some peace.

2. LUSH “Sleepy” body cream

This hand and body lotion is called "sleepy" because of its extremely calming ingredients! A mixture of oatmeal infusion, lavender water, almond oil, lavender oil, and several other ingredients create a relaxing yet delightful scent to this lotion. If you aren’t interested in this lotion, try grabbing some good old lavender oil. Lavender is used in aromatherapy to relax and calm the mind, so it is suggested to be used before bed. Rub some of the oil or “Sleepy” on your temples and a little under your nose. So, as you breathe in, you breathe the calming scent of lavender.

3. A Himalayan salt lamp

The latest buzz this Christmas was definitely about Himalayan salt lamps. These lamps come in all shapes and sizes, but maybe, if you’re bringing one back to college, you can get a simple Himalayan Salt tealight holder, like the ones on himaylayansaltshop.com. The magic behind the Himalayan salt lamps is said to help with breathing problems but and reduce the amount of negative ions in the air. Thus, bringing you zen.

4. A yoga bolster pillow or meditation cushion

A yoga bolster pillow is a perfect way to find your zen because even if you don’t practice yoga or go to a class sometimes, the poses are so simple and anyone can do them. Laying in "child’s pose" with the bolster underneath you is extremely comforting, relaxing, and restful for the body. There are a few other poses for the body that are simple enough for anyone to do.

5. Sinus relief shower steamers

Check out different scents for your shower. These from etsy.com release peppermint, eucalyptus, and menthol oils into your shower helping to open your sinuses. Sinus congestion and infections can cause our heads some serious pain. But that pain, being close to the mind, can cause unwanted stress. These shower steamers come in other scents, too.

6. Mandalas

An important part of the Buddhist religion, mandalas are religious symbols used in meditation. Mandalas are pieces of art and each piece has a meaning. Mandalas are great for coloring because they help the mind focus on one thing. Mandalas can be hung on the wall as tapestries. I hang mine on the ceiling and gaze up at the intricate parts of mandalas. Very relaxing.