6 Netflix Series To Start Today

6 Netflix Series To Start Today

Perfect for the college student.

49
6 Netflix Series To Start Today
www.telegraph.com/uk

Who hasn’t heard of Netflix? For just a few bucks a month, you can get unlimited shows and movies ready at your fingerprints. From comedies and romance, horror and sci-fi and everything in between, Netflix has some of the best seasons of television and movies to watch, without costing you an arm and a leg. It’s hard to not get addicted to shows and binge watch, say, six seasons of a show. With auto-play, you may start a show on a Monday and may not reappear until Thursday. Here are some of the best binge-worthy series, in no particular order.

1. "Grey’s Anatomy"

This long-running show has captured the hearts of millions of fans, while breaking them in the process and putting them back together (Thanks Shonda!). It follows Meredith Grey and her fellow interns as they navigate their way through their years and interns and then residents. After twelve seasons, eleven of which are available, the unthinkable has happened and just when you think you know what’s going on, bam, everything changes. What’s even better is that the show incorporates real medical cases and strives for authenticity, although it’s not always for the faint of heart. Warning, have tissues ready at all times.

2. "Sons of Anarchy"

Sons of Anarchy has been one of the highest rated shows on FX. This fast-paced show following the lives of a motorcycle gang, reminds high school me of a certain Shakespearean play (Hamlet anyone?). Each season brings twist and turns, almost like when you take a motorcycle around a corner, sharp and fast. There are two plot lines each season, one of Jackson “Jax” Teller and his family and the other of the motorcycle gang. A must watch of you like either a) motorcycles or b) a leather jacket. With seven seasons, you’ll be always have something new around the corner.

3. "Sherlock"

To be honest, I watched this show after a coworker talked about non-stop for two weeks, and I’m glad I did. Although the episodes are few in number, just three a season, the wait is worth it. Each episode follows Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson as they solve various crimes. Each episode is long but worth it. Each episode is also based off a particular story of Sherlock Holmes novel. British accents and Benedict Cumberbatch adds to the appeal as well. If you like mystery, crime a deceit, then this series if for you.

4. "The Walking Dead"

This show isn’t for all, especially those who don’t like the sight of blood or unclean people. This AMC series follows Rick Grimes after he wakes up in the hospital in the middle of zombie land. Through the past five seasons, we have seen our favorite characters dies, the characters we wanted to die die, and unfortunately, the characters we hate want to die escape the chopping block. With five seasons available, there’s no shortage of zombies or blood. Grimes works with his friends and family to survive, meeting few a wackadoos along the way. Just be careful of spoilers.

5. "Archer"

"Archer" follows a character of the same name who works as a spy for the International Secret Intelligence Service (ISIS, but not the once you’re thinking of) where espionage and global crises are merely opportunities for its employees, who are highly trained, to confuse, undermine, betray, and screw each other. This half hour show provides comedy and is a proven ice breaker. With almost 80 episodes, you’ll always find something new to laugh at.

6. "Supernatural"

Last but certainly not least is "Supernatural." Sam and Dean are brothers and fight (big dramatic pause) the supernatural, hence the name of the show. The brothers drive around in a ’67 Impala (awesome car if you ask me) and it's large enough to shove a body in the trunk (the show's creators words, not mine) eating burgers (or salads) and hunting for their dad. This show uses urban legends as the building blocks and with over 200 episodes, there seems to be no end in sight. The show uses bits and pieces from classic rock, adding to the badass feel of the show. The only thing better than the actual episode are the bloopers.