​6 last-minute worries about the upcoming year

What you don't know CAN hurt you

6

1) Textbooks

Textbooks are a nightmare. Their cost is astronomical. If ever there was an example of a case of the elite screwing the poor and vulnerable, textbooks would be a “textbook example.”

2) Schedule

When you sign up for your classes, you do so without really envisioning how your day will look. Actually having to live the schedule you’ve chosen for yourself presents an anxiety!

3) Meal Plan

It’s easy to envision eating on campus during the semester from the armchair of the lazy hot days of the summer. But actually contemplating the lack of variety in the menu, especially for a vegetarian, makes me queasy.

4) Graduated seniors

Each year, the school succeeds in their mission by having large numbers of undergraduates graduate. But the school’s success is my woe, since each year, I have to bid goodbye to friends I made in the course of the semester. Since my friends-list has a high attrition rate, I have to be weary of becoming too close to anyone, lest I lose them again.

5) Teachers

I’ve had some pretty horrible teachers in the past…you can only cross your fingers and hope that they will be good.

6) Friends

What is a friend, anyway? Someone you can text, share a movie with, laugh with? I hope I meet some people who allow me to experience that.