6 Little Writer Things

6 Little Writer Things

Just a few things that resonate with anyone who dabbles in the art of story telling!

6
6 Little Writer Things
https://pixabay.com

I am a writer above everything else. I am very proud of my ability to write and use words to my advantage. Going to Emerson College, I have an amazing ability to be surrounded by other very talented writers which I never really had in high school. My high school never had a place where writers could get together and workshop pieces of their own writing because creative writing just wasn't something that people were encouraged to do. Constantly being around writers and discussing writing with people is something that I could only ever dream of and I am so thankful to go a school where I can openly talk about writing and be understood. So, here is an article for all of my writer friends: 5 little writer things that every writer has gone through at least once or twice (or maybe more!)

1. When you start a story and you think it's the best idea that you have ever had

It was honestly a struggle trying to pick out a gif that accurately depicted this feeling because it is a feeling that makes you so happy and accomplished. Like, for once, you got it!

2. When you look at that same idea a day or two later and you realize that it's shit

Yeah, that lovely feeling I was talking about? It's great...that is, until you look back on the work that you finished the night or the day before and then you look back at it and hate everything about it.

3. Having a fantastic idea, but no pen or paper, and when you do get pen and paper, it disappears

This is always a fun one. You get a genius idea but have no way to record it. You tell yourself you won't forget it and you will keep trying to build on it any time you get a spare moment to think about it, but when the moment comes to actually write it or develop it, BAM! It is gone. Like I bet there is some kind of weird mental dimension that is filled with forgotten genius ideas.

4. Two words: writer's block

It is the one thing I am good at, unless my brain decides that it just wants to be dumb and just not create anything. It is extremely frustrating for me personally because this is the only thing I do well, so sometimes I can't even really do that if I have writer's block.

5. When you come up with an idea that involves being mean to one of your characters, but it still brings you joy

This is where it gets a bit sticky and the reader beings to disagree with the writer in some cases. Personally, if I come up with an idea that would involves putting one of my characters through hell, I feel bad at first, but then I think of the emotions that I get from people reading that moment and it brings me an unnecessary amount of joy.

6. Finally, when everything comes together in a single beautiful thought

The moment that every writer strives for. This is the one moment that makes every writer happier than anything else. They have finally solved the puzzle that was this idea that was just bouncing around in their head.

Overall, being a writer is something that I am really thankful for. I tell stories that are not of this world and I think that it is really beautiful. I can take a song, a picture, or even a sentence, and create a life from it. To me, there is nothing more beautiful than that.