6 Christmas Shopping Tips If You Predictably Waited Until Last-Minute— Like You Do Every Year

You're welcome.

180

Let's be honest here. A lot of people do start shopping for Christmas relatively early. But, a lot more people don't have time for that, don't have energy for that, or just forget.

There's also people who hate those commercialized shopping days like Black Friday and Cyber Monday. It's always way too busy, way too loud, the traffic sucks, and you risk getting punched in the face. No thanks. So they wait until the very last minute to shop for anything.

I am one of those people, to be completely honest. Since I am one of those people, I have been last minute shopping since I had my own money to Christmas shop with. So I have a few tips for the last minute shopper that still hasn't gotten the hang of things just yet.

1. Have a plan.

c1.staticflickr.com

The worst thing you can do after waiting until the last minute is not know what you're getting or where you're getting it from. Have a game plan made the night before you go out and stick to it.

2. Don't overthink it.

It's already stressful enough that you waited until the last second to shop. You should already know what each person wants and where to get it. Don't overthink this shopping trip.

3. Have a budget.

Do not spend your entire paycheck solely because you feel bad for shopping last minute and may not have gotten each person exactly what they wanted.

4. Know the stores. Efficiency is key.

Know where you're shopping and where everything you need is going to be. Make this trip fast, simple, and efficient.

5. Limit yourself to a strict list. 

You don't have the time (or money) to be picking up and trying to purchase everything you see. Make a list, stick to it, buy the other stuff you see or want AFTER Christmas.

6. Have a time limit.

If you don't limit yourself on time, you will be in the store forever debating the integrity of your list and your game plan that you spent the entire afternoon before setting up. Don't self-sabotage like that. Get in there, get what you need and get out.

I'm not exactly sure how helpful this list is for anyone but myself. But, this is what works for me and has gotten pretty good quality Christmas gifts for my loved ones for the last four years.

Happy shopping!