6 Foods I Miss From Home

6 Foods I Miss From Home

3
FotoshopTofs

Being at college, in an unfamiliar city more than two hours from my hometown, has made me realize a lot of things, but by far the most shocking is that I could miss certain foods so much. The food in the dining halls isn't bad by any means (and we just got a real Starbucks!) but food from home is so much better.

1. Bagels

Bagels are absolutely incredible. But dining hall bagels are not. I haven't actually tried bagels outside of campus, so I can't say for certain that they wouldn't be good, but the ones on campus can't even begin to measure up to Orange County bagels.

2. Pizza

I've come to realize that Dominoes isn't as awful as I thought it would be. I hadn't eaten it ever before I left for college because when the longest drive to a real pizzeria is ten minutes, why would you go anywhere else? I miss actual good pizza so much.

3. Chicken Pot Pie

And honestly just good home-cooked meals, in general. Everything is produced for hundreds of kids daily and has to be quick and bland to suit the majority of taste buds.

4. Homemade Soup

There aren't a lot of things better than soup. And homemade soup is ten times better.

5. Pasta That Isn't Ramen

Like any other college student, I live on a diet of ramen when I'm too impatient to cook anything longer than 5 minutes and too lazy to walk anywhere that isn't across the room. Still, I miss real pasta.

6. Hot Tea

I haven't had tea since I got to college three weeks ago and am seriously going through with withdrawals. I need good tea ASAP.

I can't wait to get home and have all of these foods again on my next break. But until then, I'll enjoy ramen and easy mac and live the stereotypical college life.