What To Do When You Feel Burnt Out

When the year feels like it's dragging to get to the end, there may definitely be times when you feel burnt out.

As someone who served in multiple school clubs while balancing a job and classes, I felt burnt out so many times that I thought it would never end. But, it does...and here are six things to do when you feel burnt out.

1. Tell someone because it’ll feel much better than keeping it to yourself.

2. Remember that you will find at least one other person feeling the same way, even when it doesn’t feel like it. You’re not alone.

3. Listen to some feel-good music. Music has special healing powers.

4. Write out your feelings in a journal. No one else is going to read it (or at least, they shouldn’t), so be completely vulnerable with yourself.

5. Remind yourself of why you did certain things or joined certain organizations - remember the passion you had from the beginning.

6. Stay responsible if you’ve committed to doing something long-term, but remember to take small breaks and take care of yourself when you can.

It's hard to push yourself day in and day out, to try to squeeze in every last second with productivity, and to take care of yourself all at the same time. You can't function well if you're not taking care of yourself. It isn't the end of the world if you can't keep up with the lightning-fast pace of life.

Take time to yourself, and give yourself a break. You deserve it.