5 Rules For How to Make A No Strings Attached Arrangement Work

Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't.

281

Relationships are tricky and complicated, but mostly just confusing. That is why a no-strings-attached relationship is great. You have no commitment to your partner, therefore, you can have your cake and eat it too. Many younger people nowadays are entering into these types of relationships, just keep in mind to tread lightly. Hopefully, these tips can help you in these intricate situations.

1. Don't get emotionally attached.

This is honestly and probably the most important rule of them all; do not let emotions cloud your judgment in these situations. Both parties are looking for one thing, and one thing only. And that one thing is not emotional closeness, always keep this thought in the back of your mind and you should be fine. It can be very easy to develop emotions in situations like this; however, if emotions are developed the relationship needs to end immediately before someone gets hurt or expectations begin to spiral out of control.

2. Don't spend too much time together.

Another key aspect to these types of relationships is to not spend too much time together, which is how emotions develop. Get in, and get out! It is truly that simple in this situation. Do not expect to develop some kind of great friendship with this person, if you were friends before hand that's different, but if not it will not work out in the end; you will end up all alone one way or another.

3. Do not read too much into the situation.

Sure your 'companion' texted you in the middle of the day, instead of the usual 3AM booty call; this does not mean anything other than they have needs in the daytime too! You might even be lucky enough to have someone who asks how your day is going, but keep in mind this is all leading up to that "you free?" text. Both of you are in this for one key reason and that is it. Don't expect a storybook romance to mature from this situation.

4. Do not assume that you are the only one.

Whatever you do, do not assume that your partner doesn't have this same arrangement with others. If you do make an assumption like this, your only hurting yourself, as well as possibly putting yourself at risk for heartbreak and other emotions. If you really wanna know, just ask, but be prepared for any answer, because it's most likely the one you don't want to hear.

5. Don't expect it to last.

Lastly, do not expect this to become a long-term relationship. You're lucky if it lasts a couple of weeks let alone a couple of months. Due to the nature of the relationship, have fun while you can and enjoy each others company while you are able to.