35 Things To Do Before I Die

35 Things To Do Before I Die

In on particular order.

19
35 Things To Do Before I Die
Emily Moessner

As the wise rapper Drake once said, “you only live once.” So here is my personal bucket list. All items are listed in no particular order, just as they came to my head.

1. Graduate college.
  2. Hike the Pacific Crest Trail.
  3. Backpack through Europe.
  4. Earn a living in a way that makes me happy — career or not.
  5. Become a foreign correspondent.
  6. Travel the world (see #5).
  7. Skydive.
  8. Become less attached to social media/the Internet.
  9. Get a dog (a Golden Retriever or a Black Lab).
  10. Visit 5 countries by the time I’m 25.
  11. Live in at least 10 different places.
  12. Run a half marathon by the time I’m 25.
  13. Run a marathon by the time I’m 30.
  14. Take a road trip without a destination or time frame.
  15. Become fluent in another language.
  16. Fall in love.
  17. Read more books.
  18. Become more informed on politics.
  19. Cut out toxic people from my life.
  20. Learn to care less about what others think about me.
  21. Write a book.
  22. Say yes more.
  23. While at this second I have no intention of getting married or having kids, if I do eventually decide to do so, make sure I’m at least 28 before either of those things happen.
  24. Climb up and camp on top of a mountain.
  25. Learn to cook (aside from grilled cheese, quesadillas, and tacos, which I currently rock at making).
  26. Be a good friend to someone who is struggling.
  27. Curse less at other drivers.
  28. Don’t settle. If it doesn’t make me happy, change the situation.
  29. Take more family photos, family is important.
  30. Talk to more strangers.
  31. Find more time for volunteer work/helping the community.
  32. Don’t turn down a big opportunity because it seems scary.
  33. Take more photos.
  34. Learn from my mistakes.
  35. Visit all 50 states (States I’ve visited so far: Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Ohio. 27 down, 23 to go.