It's easy to get down in the dumps. Cloudy weather, lack of sleep- almost anything can dampen your mood. Fortunately, it's not hard to turn that frown upside down. In fact, studies have shown that the simple act of smiling can decrease stress and increase happiness.
For the past month, I have been reading a page each day from 14,000 Things to Be Happy About . In doing so, I have come up with a list of my own reasons to be happy. From finishing a book, to a steaming hot shower, the list goes on and on.
So whether you had a bad day, or you're just not feeling it - here are 50 reasons to turn that frown upside down and truly be happy. You'll surprised just how much a smile can do.
1. Tall ceilings.
2. An organized desk.
3. Accidentally getting charged for one drink instead of two.
4. Summer vacation.
5. Finishing your homework.
6. Seeing the waiter/waitress carrying your food.
7. Reuniting with an old friend.
8. Laughing so hard you can't stop.
9. Raising your hand and saying the right answer.
10. Receiving a compliment.
11. Waking up and going right back to sleep.
12. "Class is cancelled" e-mails.
13. Taking the perfect picture.
14. When all of your laundry is finished and put away.
15. A hot drink that does not burn your tongue.
16. Getting a Facebook friend request.
17. Pay day.
18. Home-cooked meals.
19. Having your favorite dream again.
20. Laying in bed all day.
21. When your phone is fully charged.
22. A good haircut.
23. Finding your new favorite song.
24. Finishing a book.
25. A hot shower.
26. Finding a dollar on the ground.
28. Matching socks.
29. Warm blankets right out of the dryer.
30. Gas money.
31. Not having a seat partner on the plane.
32. A sequel that is better than the original.
33. Getting an A.
34. Noticing the clock at 11:11.
35. Making eye contact with your crush.
36. "Good Morning" texts.
37. A good view through your window.
38. When your friend gives you a back massage.
39. Short lines.
40. Good hugs.
41. Your favorite seat in the movie theatre.
42. Getting tan, not burnt.
43. Beating your record.
44. Finding money in your pocket.
45. Making a new friend.
46. Reuniting with your pet(s).
48. Unwrinkled clothing.
49. Taking the elevator instead of the stairs.
50. Not catching your roommate's cold.
So there you have it- 50 things to smile about right now. Bookmark this page for those days that just aren't going your way. You'll be surprised how many things can make you happy. Oh, and share this list with others. Everyone can use a little positivity!