50 Questions That I Have For Western Kentucky University

Gotta love those Hilltoppers!

362

I knew from the moment that I stepped on campus in my junior year of high school that I wanted to attend WKU and that I wanted to be a Hilltopper. While I love Western, I have many questions that developed about the school throughout the past four years, and I have no idea who to direct these questions. I know there are other students who have similar concerns as mine, and, if you have others, I would love to hear them!

Want to make your voice heard? Become a content creator.

1. Who thought it was a good idea to build a college on the side of a hill?

2. Why aren't there any restaurants open 24 hours a day?

3. Why aren't there more healthy options on campus?

4. Why aren't there more places to study at night?

5. Why are some required classes only offered once every 4 semesters?

6. Why is it always 100 degrees in FAC, Snell and EST?

7. Why aren't scantrons and blue books included in our course fees?

8. Why isn't there a 24 hour coffee place on campus?

9. Why are textbooks so freaking expensive?

10. Why do Spirit Masters lie to future Hilltoppers and say that you get used to walking the hill? You don't.

11. Why do online classes cost $300 more than their in-classroom counterparts?

12. Why don't more people attend basketball games? Volleyball games? Football games? Soccer Games?

13. Why are there never enough parking places?

14. Why do some professors give you a syllabus three weeks before the class begins and others give it to you the night before?

15. Why don't all professors put grades on Blackboard?

16. Why can't we have our textbooks as uploads to Blackboard so we don't have to pay for them?

17. Why are professors' office hours always during other classes that you have to take for your major?

18. Why are some minors 18 hours and others 30 hours?

19. Why is the wifi so spotty?

20. Why are the bathrooms in PFT so gross?

21. Why are the second and third floors of Mass Media drastically different temperatures?

22. Why are parking passes so expensive?

23. Why are meters checked on Sundays?

24. Why did you take away so many popular meal plans?

25. Why isn't orange chicken a meal plan?

26. Why does Chick fil A not serve breakfast?

27. Why is there always such a long wait at Red Zone?

28. Why don't meal plans roll over?

29. Why is there only one break in spring semester?

30. Why is spring break so early in the semester?

31. Why aren't there more outlets in the residence halls?

32. Why is everything at POD and Pit Stop so expensive?

33. Why can't we use meal plans at Einsteins?

34. Can there always be a room full of puppies or kittens for stressed out students to play with?

35. Why is it so difficult to get a spot in some classes?

36. Why do vending machine prices keep going up?

37. Why can't we use Big Red Dollars at more restaurants in Bowling Green?

38. Why did you take out the bowling alley in DUC?

39. Why is everything in the bookstore so expensive?

40. Why can't we use meal plans as part of a payment for food or drinks everywhere on campus?

41. Why does the water get cold so quickly in the showers?

42. Why do the squirrels on campus act like they own the campus?

43. Why can't class registration open at midnight instead of 5:00?

44. Why isn't it more widely known what exactly Big Red is and why we love him so much?

45. Why aren't the residence hall rooms bigger?

46. Why is it so difficult to get a private room?

47. Why aren't there more options than fries for a side at most restaurants?

48. Why aren't there more cell phone towers near campus? Why is my cell service so spotty at times?

49. Why can't we get a pastry/breakfast sandwich from Starbucks for a meal swipe?

50. Why do some professors ban all technology from the classroom?

The Hilltopper life is like no other college experience! #GoTops