50 Little Blessings We Forget About Each Day

Life is filled with blessings in disguise.

282

Oprah Winfrey once said, "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." Often times, people get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of life that they forget to sit down and reflect on all of the good things in life. We are all guilty of it at some point: focusing on our problems and forgetting to look on the bright side of every situation and recognizing the blessings in everyday life. Sometimes life hands us situations that offers perspective on how fortunate life can be. In case you ever find yourself struggling to find the positive in negative situations here are some little blessings in life we forget about each day:

1. Our family

2. Our circle of friends

3. Other people in our lives that care about us

4. Mentors that have helped us in our journey

5. Being in good health

6. Education

7. Being able to read and write

8. Laughter

9. Love

10. Forgiveness

11. The ability of sight

12. Going abroad

13. Listening to music

14. Having a fun night with friends

15. Having quiet, peaceful days with family

16. Having the perfect cup of coffee

17. The feeling you get when you know you made an impact on someone else's life

18. Volunteering

19. Our pets

20. The excitement from our pets every time we walk in the door

21. When an old episode of our favorite TV shows is on

22. Looking at scrapbooks filled with good memories

23. The people in life that made you stronger

24. Our faith

25. The tub of ice cream for those days that are too much

26. Good food

27. Clean water

28. The beach

29. Clothes

30. Self-confidence

31. Technology

32. Our ability to communicate

33. Being able to pursue our passions

34. Funny stories

35. Making people laugh

36. The people in life that have made you stronger

37. A roof over our heads

38. Our jobs

39. Being able to express ourselves

40. Art

41. Learning a new language

42. The lessons we have learned in life

43. Getting tickets to that concert you really wanted to go to

44. Being able to afford concert tickets

45. Tough situations in life that remind you of your strength

46. Gratitude

47. Acceptance

48. Going to your favorite restaurant

49. Kindness

50. Being able to remember your blessings

So if you're ever feeling lost and need to think of some of the good things in your life: make a list. It can be 5 things or 5,000 things you are grateful for everyday. It will make you realize the minute problems of everyday life definitely do not outweigh the good things. There really is too much to be thankful for!