5 YA Books To Read This Fall

5 YA Books To Read This Fall

These fun and highly anticipated books will surely keep you entertained on the cold nights spent indoors!

10
5 YA Books To Read This Fall
shutterhacks

The leaves are changing colors, Halloween costume ideas are swirling around, and just about every pumpkin-flavored treat you could imagine is filling the aisles of the grocery stores. As cold weather settles in and the promise of breaks on the horizon, now is the perfect time to wrap yourself in a blanket, sip some hot chocolate, and read a good book coming out this fall!

1. We Know It Was You

Maggie Thrash

October 4th, 2016

One of the popular cheerleaders at Winship High School, dressed in a mascot uniform, interrupts a Friday night football game to jump into a nearby river to her death. The Mystery Club, consisting of just two people, make it their personal mission to figure out what happened to motivate her actions. Filled with unexpected twists and turns, this book is sure to keep you on edge while you follow Benny and Virginia as they unravel the mystery.

2. What Light

Jay Asher

October 11th, 2016

Sierra juggles a double life; she lives on a Christmas tree farm in Oregon, and moves to California during the holidays to run her family’s tree lot. The annual move back and forth makes her feel as if she’s missing out on her other life, until she meets Caleb, a cute boy with a troubled past.

3. Saving Red

Sonya Sones

October 18th, 2016

Fourteen year old Molly volunteers with a local homeless shelter in order to satisfy her school’s community service requirement. Once she gets there, Molly befriends Red, a girl around her age who is staying at the shelter. After getting to know Red, Molly decides she wants to do everything in her power to reunite Red with her family for the holidays, but things don’t go quite as planned.

4. Pushing Perfect

Michelle Falkoff

October 25th, 2016

Kara has perfect grades and a promising future, but she also has a secret that is on the verge of coming out. When she feels like she has no other options, she resorts to illegal activity. It seemed harmless, until a blocked number starts texting her demands, using proof of her actions as blackmail. Things get even more crazy when Kara finds out she isn’t the only one receiving demanding texts from the blocked number. Along with her newfound friends, Kara searches for her blackmailer. This book contains all of the elements of an intriguing story: mystery, forbidden romance, wild parties, and dark secrets.

5. The Sun Is Also A Star

Nicola Yoon

November 1, 2016

It’s Natasha’s last day in the United States unless she can find a way to reverse her family’s deportation back to Jamaica. Daniel has an interview with an ivy league college, but he would much rather write poetry. Natasha doesn’t believe in love; she believes in science. Daniel is a hopeless romantic. When this unlikely couple meets in New York City, Daniel must find a way to convince Natasha love exists, but he only has one day to do it. With so many possibilities, the universe must decide which future these two will have.