5 Ways to get to know your Roommate

5 Ways to get to know your Roommate

Incoming freshman, this is for you!

20
5 Ways to get to know your Roommate
https://i1.pngguru.com/preview/279/623/707/message-logo-conversation-organization-public-relations-apartment-roommate-human-yellow-png-clipart.jpg

Going to college is nerve wrecking, especially living with someone you do not know. Here are five ways you can get to know your roommate before you move in:

1. Start with the basics

Ask questions, such as where are you from? Do you have any siblings? any pets? What is your intended major? These basics questions will get the ball rolling on getting to start knowing your roommate.

2. Watch each other's favorite movies/shows

What's a better way to get to know someone then see their favorite movies/shows! This will lead you into an intro of their personality and is a great bonding activity. Their is even a feature on Netflix called "Netflix Party" where you and your roommate can watch the same movie/show at the same time.

3. Snapchat

Everyone knows Snapchat captures the little spontaneous moments of someone throughout their day. Get your roommate's Snapchat as it will keep help you stay in touch and see what they do on the day-to-day basis.

4. FaceTime

FaceTime is another great outlet to use to get to know your roomie. It may seem intimidating at first, but FaceTime allows you to be able to start having conversations and connect more before you move in.

5. Meet up!

Now this one may be difficult especially with COVID-19, but if all possible meet up with your roommate before you move in and do something fun. If you live farther away from your roommate, you can even meet at a point midway between the two of you! Go shopping, hiking, or even go to lunch together. Whatever you want to do, having this bonding time will only help your friendship grow!

Going to college for the first time is intimidating, but by already getting to know the person you'll be living with for the next year, it will make the transition so much easier!