5 Ways To Break Away From Your Daily 8-5 Routine

It's not as hard as it looks.

181
everypixel.com

Bored with your 8-5 office job? Worn out from a stressful day at work? Me too. Here's how I snap myself out of my never-ending work routine.

1. Start enjoying the little moments.

https://www.everypixel.com/

Hearing a loved one's laugh, cozy rainy days, spending time with family, reaching out to an old friend, enjoying your daily commute to work - take a minute to observe your surroundings, and you might be surprised. The little moments I've found myself enjoying lately are constantly surrounding me, it just takes a broader mindset to truly appreciate them.

2. Do something out of the ordinary.

https://www.everypixel.com/

Travel any chance you get. Actually make plans with that one friend/family member you've been putting off. Take a spontaneous trip to visit your friends on the weekend. Go hang out at your favorite coffee shop. Hit the gym. Whatever it may be, introducing yourself to new atmospheres is the best medicine for breaking routine. (Although I don't recommend hot yoga)

3. Make time for yourself.

https://www.everypixel.com/

Always try to plan something to look forward to at the end of a long day, whether it's just a desperately needed nap, a pick-me-up date with some friends, or that workout you've been putting off all week. Take time to relax and let go at the end of a stressful day. Not only is it good for the brain, it'll work wonders for your body, too.

4. Do one thing you love everyday.

https://www.everypixel.com/

Spend one hour on your favorite hobby, call a loved one, clean your room, hang out with your friends. Doing at least one thing you love everyday is always a good idea. When life gets me down or I've had a stressful day, one of my favorite ways to destress is doing something I love. As little as thirty minutes of time to yourself can get you refocused or just a quick relief from a crazy day.

5. Workout or do something active.

https://www.everypixel.com/

I've recently discovered the wonders that working out and being active does for not only your body, but also your mood. The most efficient way I like to relieve stress at the end of a long day is to sweat it out. I like going on nightly runs around my neighborhood to release all the toxins and negative energy from the day. Even if you're the least bit athletic, just getting out and moving can make the biggest difference.

It's important to take care of yourself, especially when you have a hectic work schedule like I do. These are just a few ways that I've learned to destress or refresh my mood after a long day. Changing up your routine is good for the mind and soul, so what's stopping you?