5 Ways To Tell Your Boyfriend You're Thinking Of Him From Many Miles Away

Sometimes a text just doesn't cut it.

289
Unsplash

Lucky for me, I met my boyfriend of now more than two years when I first started college. We were from different states, but it didn’t matter because we were spending nine months out of the whole year at school together. When finals were over, and it was time for my parents to drive me home for the summer, it was so hard to leave each other not knowing I wouldn’t see him for a while.

It may not be summertime yet, but there are many of you out there who have longer than a 15-minute walk across campus to hang out with your significant other. So, if you’re missing him a little extra this week, or you want to let him know you’re thinking of him, here are five ways to show some love to your long-distance boyfriend.

1. Send him a small care package

All you need to do is go on Pinterest, and there are TONS of ideas out there! Basic items to include would be his favorite snacks and candy. If you want to add an extra special touch, scroll through your Instagram to find your favorite pics together, get them printed at Walgreens or Walmart, and throw them in there for him to keep.

2. Mail him a handwritten letter

Sending mail may not be the main mode of communication for our generation, but people still enjoy handwritten and heartfelt sentiments. You can make it as mushy gushy and cute as you want, maybe share a memory or two, or write about something fun that happened to you lately. Texting and phone calls are a great way for instant communication, but he can hold on and cherish a physical letter forever.

3. Make a cute craft for him

If you enjoy arts and making cute crafts, you’ll love all these cute ideas on Pinterest. My personal favorite is this cute shadow box that highlights milestones in your relationship. Michael’s and Walmart are my go-to places for crafting supplies, but I would suggest hitting up the nearest Dollar Tree for some inexpensive crafting materials if you’re trying to save money.

4. Write a mason jar full of fun memories he can read when he misses you

Technically this could be included in your care package, but I thought this was so cute that I wanted to highlight it on its own. However long you have been with your boyfriend, I am sure that you have made some great mems with him. Just grab a stack of sticky notes or cut up some index cards and write down a bunch of funny, cute, happy, fun memories you two have made together and put them all in a mason jar. Then, whenever he misses you and wants a good chuckle, he can pick a note or two to read from the jar.

5. Send him a surprise delivery from his favorite restaurant

This idea is probably the costliest out of all of them, but not by much. Figure out where he eats out when he’s hungry and if they deliver. Some good ideas are sending him a surprise delivery of warm and gooey Insomnia Cookies or having a pizza from his favorite pizza place delivered to his dorm or apartment. This idea does take some more coordination to make sure that he's around and hungry when it is being delivered, but it will definitely be worth it when he posts about BAE coming in the clutch on his Snapchat story.

Whichever idea you decide to try out, don’t be afraid to get creative and think outside the box! You don’t need to spend a lot of money to show your boyfriend that you care, because a little goes a long way.