5 ways Starbucks changed my life

5 ways Starbucks changed my life

43

New drinking game: take a shot of espresso every time I write “Starbucks” in this article.

I joined the Starbucks-lover club at the young age of 10, when my cousin babysat me and took me to get my first Double Chocolatey Chip Frappuccino, a.k.a. a piece of heaven. Since then I have graduated to drinking caffeine, which I struggle to have a very complicated love/hate relationship with. But I realized I had a Starbucks problem when I became a Gold Member in the span of a way to short amount of time, and when I had enough ways to list how it has changed my life.

1. There’s no greater friendship than a friendship between two Starbucks lovers

This isn’t like the starCROSSED lovers, Romeo and Juliet. This is the real deal, StarBUCKS lovers. If there’s one thing Starbucks drinkers love more than their favorite Starbucks drink, it’s finding other people that love Starbucks as much as they do. If I had a dollar for every person I’ve had a small-talk conversation with about Starbucks, I’d be rich enough to buy a Starbucks drink everyday. In a crowded room full of strangers you’re guaranteed to find at least one Starbucks drinker to bond with. Although you may find yourself losing friends when you end up on the opposing side in a Starbucks vs. Dunkin Donuts argument, you’ll be ok because you’re fellow Starbucks lovers got your back.

2. I have learned the true value of the dollar.

It’s no secret that a drink from Starbucks can be pretty pricey, range anywhere from $3-$6 (maybe less if you’re really dedicated like I am and Googled ways to save money at Starbucks). If you get a drink everyday, that could be almost $50 a week in coffee drinks you’re too lazy to make at home. And if you go more than once a day, your bank account is probably crying and you have bigger issues to work out.

3. I no longer have to avoid drinking coffee past a certain hour of the night.

Clearly it is evident that I have a Starbucks drinking problem. Though it has gotten to the semi-fortunate, semi-unfortunate point that I can drink caffeine late at night and not have trouble sleeping because it no longer affects my energy levels. I say semi-fortunate because now there’s more hours of the day I can get Starbucks, and semi-unfortunate because it does not help me wake up in the early morning hours.

4. There is a drink for every season, including the holiday season.

Whether I need to be warmed up in the winter or cooled down in the summer, there is always a Starbucks drink to fulfill my body temperature needs. Starbucks also brings back their famous seasonal drinks during the fall and holiday seasons, which automatically makes me love them even more because who doesn’t love the holidays. And no, you can’t lie. I know you secretly drink that mainstream Pumpkin Spice Latte, too.

5. I always have a place to go when I have nothing to do.

Your local Starbucks can become your second home. Whether you go there to meet with friends, get work done or simply sit on the comfy couches, you can pretty much do everything there that you could do in your own home! (that includes making that $6 coffee yourself…)